Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls. I am considering what to purchase as a potential pocket gun. It get very hot around these parts so I am seen regularly in shorts and a t-shirt and while I will likely carry my PPK 90% of the time I also want something that I can grab and go that will safely fit in my pocket. Any ideas?

I have been looking at this particular NAA revolver http://www.impactguns.com/store/744253001864.html , anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
seacamps have a waiting period, last time i was interested and had the $500 to buy one.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Look no further than the Ruger LCP .380. Contrary to popular belief this is NOT a Kel Tec clone. It is uber light and amazingly small. I slid one into the carpenter pocket on my shorts and it sat perfectly hidden next to my cell phone. I also slid one into my front pocket of the same shorts...Gone! I was sold on it. Now I just have to buy it. I can't comment on a KT as I've never held one (Stupid Gander Mountain ignoree's) but I'm sure they are fine as well. First impressions being what they are I'm sold on the LCP. At least check them out.

Other options would include the Kel Tec and Beretta Tom Cat or Bobcats. Calibers will be a deciding factor as well. I handled mini 1911 that was very similar in size to the LCP but felt like a 73 Buick in my shorts because of the weight!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I have the following pocket pistols... NAA Mini .22lr/.22Mag... KelTec P3AT .380acp and Taurus PT22 .22lr

The wife declared ownership on the NAA Mini and keeps it with her 24/7 using the .22 Mag cylinder. It is tiny and reasonably accurate at SD shooting distances, definitely better than a can of OC pepper spray.

The Taurus PT22 is small but the grip frame is wide, almost as wide as some .380's due to its alloy construction and wood grip panels. It works better for me when carried in a IWB holster vs Pocket carry due to the width of the grip frame.

The KT P3AT is small, it works well for Pocket carry, IWB or OWB using a Fobus Paddle holster. I prefer to carry it OWB in the Fobus paddle and it prints less than my cell phone does.

Between the three my pick for daily carry is the P3AT because it carries the most bang for its size, packs extremely well and has been 100% reliable. I tried to give it to the wife and get my NAA back because I wanted her to have something with more power, but she insist in keeping the NAA along with her Bersa Thunder 380.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think tomorrow I'll get in to work early to get out and go do some shopping. I only have till the end of the month to have the Brady fee waved (stupid Nevada law changes) with my CCW.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
It's not so much the shorts and T shirts that are the issue,but rather what one wears under it all. I recommend a good THONG. Don't buy cheap stuff,but rather spend the xtra money and buy a decent,strong thong.It brings concealed carry to an all new level. Your PP(K) will fit nicely in your thong, I guarantee it.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I personally love my LCP.
I also have a Keltec PF-9 that is only a little bigger (but noticeably heavier).
I barely know I have the LCP in my pocket most of the time.

G

·
Contrary to popular belief this is NOT a Kel Tec clone.
Say what? Better look a little closer before making that statement. The LCP and the Kel-Tec are so close that the 3AT mag works in the LCP and accessories such as pocket clips and holsters are interchangable.

That being said, the LCP seems to be better made and a better shooter. It's amazing how nice of a gun you can make by simply improving someone elses design.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
I say KT pf9. more punch than the 22lr or mag. not as small of course, but much more punch. I've handled but not fired the little revolvers and they're too small for my hands. The pf9 is very easy to conceal with Uncle mikes holster (IWB or belt clip) and will easily fit in a pocket. Whatever you get I would advise a holster that covers the trigger if there is no ext safety. A front pocket is a bad place to have a pistol of any type, IMO.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Sorry if I'm off base hobo. I know they exterior of the two, Kel Tec and LCP, are very similar. What I mean to say is they are NOT clones of each other in the sense that people said early on Ruger simply bought the KT's and had their name stamped on it. That isn't at all the case. Also according to the couple articles I read in the gun mags the internals are quite a bit different. Again I've never held or broke down the Kel Tec. But I do know they are not clones as per the definition of the word.

It remains both are very good guns however. I also believe the LCP is a lot lighter if memory of the reviews serves me right.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
These are my break down photos of my personal LCP.
From what photos i have seen of the KelTec guts, they appear very similar.

-

I am not going to put down the KelTec, they seem like fine pocket guns as well.
I bought the LCP, because I was torn between the two, and found my LCP for less than the MSRP at my local dealer,
( in fact I was on my way to price a KelTec when I came across it.)
I just wanted a small lighter weight pocket gun than my AMT Back-Up.
The AMT is all Stainless Steel, and weighs like a ton. well made gun, just heavy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I made my decision and my purchase. I had the LCP, Kel-Tec .32, and NAA out on the counter (All priced about the same). And, I purchased the NAA
http://www.impactguns.com/store/744253001864.html

I did very much like the Ruger and the Kel-Tec, but ultimately I felt that the NAA Revolver felt best in my pocket. The downside being, reloading in a non-option but the only time I will carry it will be in situations where I would have just left my carry piece at home anyways. So as before it would be down to fists for self defense, now it's fists and .22 magnum.

This is not to say of course that I will not be buying the Ruger or Kel-tec in the future (I have purchased 5 guns so far this calendar year). That will be another tough decision as I liked them both.

Thanks for the input guys!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts