Pocket Guns

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by Oaktree45, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

Here’s a picture of my two Colt pocket guns. The Colt Junior in the much maligned .25 caliber which I quit carrying when I acquired the Colt Mustang Pocketlite 380. While the Pocketlite is slightly larger, both guns have the same unloaded weight and both weigh just under a pound fully loaded.

Anyone else carry pocket guns?

IMG_0701_1.jpg

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I often carry my Taurus TCP.

Peace favor your sword ( mobile)

ichthyo likes this.

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Always.

Don’t disparage the 25 acp. Often touted as second best to the 22 long rifle, but that’s usually taking the .22 data from a rifle comparing it with .25 data from a pistol. Put them both in a pocket pistol and the .25 comes out on top. I once did a comparison using the Sig 938-22 alongside the Phoenix Arms HP25. I think I posted about it on this forum, but can not find it.

unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your point of view, the Sig and the Phoenix are gone. My pocket guns today are - top to bottom - the Ruger LCPII in 380acp, and the Ruger LCPII Lite Rack in .22 Long Rifle. The KAHR CT380, the NAA Mini in 22 Magnum, an almost constant companion, and for the ultimate in tiny, the NAA Mini in 22 Short.

I started to add the H&R 733 in 32 S&W Long and the Ruger LCRX ....hell, let’s add them. They have been in my pocket more than once. The .32 has been with me for a very long time.
    86080BEB-0C2C-4E3E-A008-D801062C73E5.jpeg
    DF2CE383-A6C4-466C-9C52-6C8C288411E8.jpeg

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Wow Greg that slide on your LCPII up top is looking ragged. Got a close up of that? Mine got 2 rust spots up there. I spritzed it with some of this https://www.safaricharliegunlube.com/

Or maybe you were teething on it? :lol:

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Lookit you weenies carrying itty bitty guns with your itty bitty bullets. Real men carry itty bitty guns with big assed bullets. Which is why my Winter carry is a Star Firestar M-40. 7 rounds of 40 S&W bad assery in a little package. Posing with my Walther PPK for size comparison.

IMG_4548.JPG

6. greg_r

After a recent long weekend at the beach fishing that included getting soaked by a thunderstorm, I was upset it take it out of the holster and find that the salt air and moisture had caused rust spots. All the rust was on the magazine release, slide catch, and slide serrations. The salt air and moisture took its toll. None on the inside where it was wet with Hoppe’s gun oil. It did not clean up good, but it still functions 100%. If I had sprayed it down with EEZOX it would not of happened. Nobody around here has it on the shelf anymore, I really need to order me some of it online.

Thinking of having the slide and controls black cerrakote’d.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  7. greg_r

Real men carry this!
    90FA6348-F670-481E-AF0E-F458930D425D.jpeg

8. cicpup

Vermont
  9. TNTRAILERTRASH

Those aren't double action are they? I don't want to fumble with a hammer.

10. cicpup

Vermont
    Single only.

No more work than releasing a safety and I'll never accidentally shoot myself.

SWAGA likes this.
  11. greg_r

Doesn’t have to, this is HPFF! :D

Didn’t someone just make a grand exit here stating that we could not stay on subject for more than a page? This one stayed on subject for three posts. I think that’s pretty good! Don’t you?

harleyboy65, Twisty, Quavodus and 2 others like this.
  12. cicpup

Vermont
    Thread drift is normal. You're just cheating for a lame attack. And right after posting your own children toys.

13. Brownings... big and small.
    High Power in a DeSantis and Baby in a Blackberry.

CC DeSantis Hi-Power IWB.jpg BBerry holster 5.jpg

Dagwood, Troubleshooter and SWAGA like this.
  14. TNTRAILERTRASH

He's got big pockets. Rumor is Greg appendix carries a 20" M16A2 with a 100rd drum.

adam01364, greg_r and ajole like this.
  15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Taurus TCP, Keltec P3AT. Carrying a gun in a cargo pocket is silly, so the PF9, the Bersa .380 and the Maks are out, and yes, they are too big for my pockets.

16. greg_r

IMHO, Taurus made a mistake by discontinuing the TCP. I was very fond of mine and would still be carrying it today if I could of gotten parts for it. It just needed a Mag catch. Mine wore to the point to every time I took it out of my pocket the Mag had popped loose. It was carried to the point that the blackening on the slide had wore through to the stainless. Mine was the BSS (Black Stainless Steel) model. Sure wish my LCP II was black stainless steel.

moona11 likes this.
  17. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

AMT backup .380, just pulled it off my belt after a quick supermarket run.
    My smallest carry gun.
    111EA296-639E-4EBF-98B2-B90A274D6043.jpeg

18. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

My Firestar M40 weighs over 2 lbs fully loaded. Not exactly a pocket gun in my opinion. I will say the Firestar M40 and 45 are two of my favorite pistols. Field stripping is simple and doesn't require a tool to do it.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  19. cicpup

Vermont
    Fits comfortably in my coat pocket. That's enough of a resume for me.

Oaktree45 likes this.
  20. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter

I have a TCP, Raven .25, Bernardelli .25, Galesi .22, and now a Bauer .25. I used to have a Beretta Jet fire .25 and it was probably the best of the bunch of the small calibers. Not sure why I sold it. If the Bauer turns out to be reliable it may start spending time in my pocket.

The TCP is what I carry most and it will stay that way. I carry it in my back pocket in a wallet holster. I bought a blued TCP and it quickly started rusting due to sweat so I nickled it. I would recommend the stainless version for pocket carry.

7000al likes this.