Pocket Guns

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by Oaktree45, Jun 21, 2020.

1. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I got lucky and bought a bunch of parts for my TCP back when they sold them.

Rerun likes this.
  2. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

My TCP had a very good trigger. And it was accurate. It ran like a top. I shot it every week, sometimes only a magazine or two,sometimes several, hundred rounds. I know the pistol had a bad rep, but could not prove it by me. The only issue I ever had was the magazine catch, it just wore out. The same could of happened to my beloved 1911.

I replaced the Taurus with the KAHR CT380. I like the KAHR. I believe the DAO trigger the Taurus and KAHR have is best for social work. But I prefer the single action trigger personally, which is why I went with the LCPII

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

The LCPII was a sub $250 gun a few months ago. Now $325+

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Order one off Ebay. Was it the spring? Or mag release itself.

5. greg_r

The release itself. It is gone. Down payment on the CT380.

6. greg_r

Yup....prices are increasing.

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

Rose Gold tickle your fancy? [​IMG]

8. Rerun

Rerun Member

To bad it's .40 caliber.

eldar

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

@cicpup
    I wouldn’t mind an AMT in .45 if I can ever find one which is not stupid money.

[​IMG]

Rerun and Dagwood like this.
  10. greg_r

Hmmmmm..........NO

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

What size sock would that take? Do they jam like the .380 Back Up?

12. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I love my pocket gun. It's the best thing in the world to just drop it into my pocket on the way out the door. I highly recommend the Sig P938 to anyone who prefers a single-action pistol with a safety. It takes some practice to run it effectively if you have big hands, but it's more than doable if you take the initiative to make it into your primary range gun.

I use the six-round flush-fit magazine for carry, and I keep a seven-round magazine for a reload. I shoot it with the flush-fit magazines at the range, and I spend time shooting 8" and 10" plates at 25 yards, doing controlled pairs and transitions, followed by engaging plates at 15 yards (minimum allowed for steel) from the compressed ready. That little pistol does everything the full-size pistols do. 20190413_172107~2.jpeg

Silversides likes this.
  13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

My .380 doesn’t jam....

14. I got a lemon TCP and traded it in on an LCPII. It was terrible and jammed every 3-4 cycles. FTE, FTF, and everything else on various different ammo I tested. A real stinker. The LCPII runs like a top. Love it. I carry it in the summer with a +1 mag and extended mag plate - pinky extension. I run a Paul Vitigliano (Holsterpro.com) custom OWB holster on a Kore Essentials gun belt. Nice rig that works for me.

The Taurus replacement for the TPC is the Spectrum and from what I've heard, you either love 'em or hate 'em. Never shot one myself.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  15. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Keltec P32. DAO. extended mag holds 9rds. Picked it up for a bill. This thing is super small and super light. Owned a few Keltecs over the years and was never a fan, but I like this one. Doesn't imprint at all. Hardly know it's in my pocket. My favorite pocket gun so far.

adam01364 likes this.
  16. Ruger LCP (one) I'm perfectly happy with that long, heavy (yet smooth) trigger pull. I am quite proficient with it at self defense range. I love the gun. Carry it with me every where I go. It is my go to carry gun. It's easy to carry and I have 100% confidence in it, which is all I want in a carry gun.

I have a Taurus Spectrum but I haven't shot it enough to have confidence to carry. I've only shot it about 75 or so rounds. So far it went bang every time. It has a really weird trigger. I bought it when Dunham's had a sale for $150. I don't have enough experiene at this point to love it or hate it. Stays in the safe most of the time.

I also have Kel Tec P32, that I bought when my LGS sent out a flash sale. Got it for $99.00. Box has a sticker on it that said $299. Now, if I paid that much for it I would be really pissed. But, I'm perfectly happy with it for $99. It feels like a $99 gun. I've only shot about 50 rounds in it, but it has gone bang every time so far.

Dagwood likes this.
  17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    If you use a holster on a gun belt....it’s not a pocket gun anymore, is it?

18. greg_r

I had a 938. It was one of those love/hate things. As a 9mm it was a good un. I also had the 938-22 upper.

It was bought as a blemish, so I got it at a great price. The only thing that was blemished was a stain on the .22 LR barrel. At first with the .22 Barrel it would not function. Jammed every magazine. I had decided to get rid of it when it broke in and started working. Ran well without a hitch.

Still, I did not like it. The 22 MOA was different than the MOA as a 9mm. The slide would lock back on an empty magazine, but the slide catch was in the magazine itself. It would not drop the Mag normally. To drop the Mag you had to take and lock the slide the rest of the way to the rear, then drop the Mag. Sig told me it was by design. That the spring in the 22 magazine was not strong enough to reliably work with the slide catch.

As a 9mm it was great.

I was disgusted with it and traded it for something else. Funny thing, within a month it was back in the used firearm display case. Whoever bough if apparently was not happy with it either.

@Think1st I still have that 938 Holster made by MTR Custom Leather. Just have to remember where I put it. PM me your address and it’s yours if you want it. I can get it in the mail next Saturday.

Think1st and moona11 like this.
  19. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I appreciate the offer, Greg, but my Galco Pocket Protector has served well for a few years, now. There might be another P938 owner out there who doesn't have a comfortable way to carry it and needs your holster more.

As for the gun, itself, I kind of want a second one--one for the range and one for carry. At 4700 rounds, it's run well, but everything starts to get issues of some sort as the round count climbs. Whenever I get the time and permission (I effectively have the time, but SWMBO has other priorities for me), I want to attend a defensive pistol course at Valor Ridge with it, and if a component fails, I want the second one for a backup. At this point, the only other carry weapon I have is my G30 SF, which is quite a bit different from the P938. I shoot it often enough, too, so I could make the mid-stream switch if I had to, but I'd also have to take a separate supply of .45 ACP for it. I would also lose out on all of that valuable instruction with the P938.

I have another problem, too. I want a P365, but if I get one of those, I'll want two of them for the same reason I want two of the P938s. So, if I get a P365, I'll end up having to get a second one of those.

I know that most people don't take duplicate weapons to training courses, but when we're talking about pocket guns--even those as high quality as the Sig offerings--they are more vulnerable to wear because of how little mass is available to spread the recoil energy.

20. greg_r

I like the way you think. Two is one. One is none!

Rerun and Think1st like this.