Pocket Guns

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by Oaktree45, Jun 21, 2020.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    A LEO relative of mine, confirmed Glock Fanboi, LOVES his P365.
    And it’s a Sig...nothing is going to break.

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Except for the bank, with very few exceptions like his P365.

Speaking of the P365 and Glocks, the P365 is kind of like a Glock with a little more innovation and finer lines. That's why your fanboi buddy likes it so much. :stir:

ajole likes this.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

At this point you should just go ahead and replace wear parts. Springs firing pin etc.. peace of mind

Think1st likes this.
  4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Like the striker pin? It was a real POS. The dead triggers? They had a bunch of those. Let's talk about the striker drag going across the primer then into the case.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Not on his gun. It works just fine.

6. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

The 365 had a lot of teething pains, but I think Sig got them worked out.

Think1st likes this.
  7. Think1st

Florida
    That's a good point. I do change the recoil and firing pin spring every 1500 rounds, but I need to get an extractor spring, firing pin, and extractor since those are the big wear points on the P938 after several thousand rounds.

8. Claymore

Claymore Member

SWAGA, greg_r and moona11 like this.
  9. Claymore

Claymore Member

I shot a couple of them, the first generation were known for "soft strikes", but since is a double action, you can get away with it.
    The gun has a good fit and it's very easy to conceal, compared to the TCP, the Spectrum is light years ahead on design, fit, and function.

Chef Duane likes this.
  10. I love the size of my TCP, but it's not reliable enough to be my EDC. Too many failures to feed, and now the disassembly pin likes to walk out every second shot! Spring looks good so I'm not sure why it's doing that.
    My normal pocket EDCs are either the NAA 22 magnum revolver with the folding handle that clips onto the pocket for easy access, or one of my S&W DAO 38's in a pocket holster.

A10 and NAA 22.jpg
    Gun image.jpg

After my experiences with the TCP I don't know if I want to rely on semiautomatic handguns any more, although my Taurus PT22 is flawless but hard to rack if hands are sweaty.

On another note, went out yesterday to dial in the sight on my new Hi-Point 995TS carbine. That is a sweet firing carbine!

11. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Yes, SIIIIIIR. I have carried my AMT, 2 LCRs (one on either side pocket of my great coat), kel tecs, TCP, Hell Cat is the current...it's like a mini Glock.

For clarification, NOT all at the same time.

The pocket gun is going to be first out, then the "primary". My Dad was a cop in Philly (N.E. Philly) for 23 years and always carried his S&W Bodyguard in his left pocket, hand on it concealed, pointed at your head when doing a stop. I continued the practice when I worked for KCMO.

perotter likes this.
  12. I shot a few rounds in the Taurus Spectrum today. I have to say that it is a softer shooting gun than the LCP. Even with the odd feeling trigger I shoot tighter groups than with the LCP.

lklawson and Rerun like this.
  13. Claymore

Claymore Member

Let's see, I have a Sig P-238 and a P-938, also a Kahr CW 380, and a SP-101 SS 357 mag. that can be also a pocket gun if you wear cargo shorts.
    As you can see I have more guns than pockets.
    My favorite pocket 380 is the Kahr, and favorite pocket 9mm the Sig P-938.

My favorite EDC gun, still the Glock 27 with the .357 Sig barrel.

Think1st and Dagwood like this.
  14. Think1st

Florida
    That SP-101 is the next revolver on my list. Because of the amount of powder that burns in the .357 Magnum round, I want to get it with the 4" barrel.

15. P938 SAS, Model 37, SP101 or, occasionally a NA .22 magnum, along with a 12 ga. Mossberg behind me if in the vehicle. ~snip~

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2020
  16. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

~Admin voice~
    Not happening boys. Let's keep the rhetoric in politics.

SWAGA likes this.
  17. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Yes SIIIIIR! I carry a BUG and a full size pistol. Hands in the pocket and on the BUG. Youre gonna get that first, rapid shots to the sinus and then while that's going on, out comes the full size (in case you need more lead dissuasion or you brought friends).

18. Think1st

Florida
    How do you like that SAS sight system? I have the P938 with the regular tritiums on it. Do they let you shoot accurately at 25 yards? While most encounters statistically happen inside of 10' or so, I like the ability to reach out accurately if I have to.

19. Got one myself. Beautiful little killing tool. Carries in my pocket of almost anything and packs the 9mm punch. If you don't have the one piece SS guide rod, I suggest it for total reliability. Look this up on the Sig forum. Concerning pocket carries, I don't want to get hit by any of them, pretty or not..

20. Saw a youtube on them and, at that time, Sig has sold over a million of them. Sounds like people like them. I'll just keep the P938. It works.