Polar Vortex

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BlackBart, Mar 27, 2016.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Back in 2007 it was 82* on Easter at my place. In April we had a night or two down in the single digits. That was a weird year. We had tornados in the winter, and 2 weeks of 100*+ weather in July. Things dried up in July. First rain we had was on my birthday in August. That figured as we were doing a "guitar pull" around a bonfire. :p

What do these guys say for your area? http://www.almanac.com/

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    And never trust a meteorologist to accurately predict anything past three days.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  3. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    We have 3 local weather forecasters, 2 internet weather forecasters for our area. All 5 have a combined 12% accuracy for tomorrows weather forecast.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    We're having an early spring "back home in Indiana" Bart! ;)

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I drove through some serious nasty snow and sub freezing temps in Colorado Friday and Saturday, but it's 70+ in Texas!

6. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Where you at Texas?

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, and how did you blaze through here and not tell me you waved? What route did you travel?

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I-70 toward Denver, then I-25 to New Mexico, then east toward Texas. You couldn't see me wave because of the clouds and driving snow. I didn't see a single mountain. It was pitiful.:(

We were making time, had to get to Dallas to pick up the SIL at the airport, then south to Madisonville for Easter and a grand baby birthday and baptism.

So, I'm just west of Madisonville, on the daughter's 40 acres, trying to explain to my wife why we can't just stay here, and reminding her that it will be hot as Hades in a month or two...

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I'm right off 50 so you would have needed a flair gun, BUT you were only 60 miles away when you cleared Pueblo on I25.