Polished C9 pics

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by gunnut, Apr 13, 2008.

1. freedom

freedom Member

Hard to make out what you have there. A C-9 yes but the pictures are so blurry even with my glasses on it looks like I don't have my glasses on.

2. Looks like you polished the ejector and the side of the breech?

3. I believe that he did. Now the q: did you finish it with something to protect the shine? If so, what?

4. Looks like the extractor and the barrel has been polished. A little gun oil will keep them from rusting.

5. Is it hard to break this gun down enough to polish them? What does a guy use to polish? And lastly, is oil all that's needed to keep them shining? Thanks, I've seen a few of these polished and they look great!

6. Not hard at all to break them down to that level. Lock the pistol back with the safety, use a 3/32 inch punch to punch out the main pin.

2 more pins punched out and a little wiggling will get the barrel off of the frame for easier work.

The barrel and extractor are steel, oil will work fine for keeping them shining.

People also polish the sides of the slides, that is made of a zinc alloy. If I did mine, I would spray a coat of hi temp clear coat on the polished areas and that would most likely do the trick.

Have fun! :)

7. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    I used a soft wire wheel and a firm polishing wheel on my cordless drill. I also used 1200 grit sandpaper to get a mirror finish. To protect, I used a light coat of clear coat(high temp).

8. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    I also "polished" the safety lever, but with the texture of it, it doesn't shine like the rest.

9. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Can you still show pics of the safety lever?
    Nice project, by the way! Looks good, and I love the solid steel look of the barrel.

10. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    Sorry about the picture quality.

[​IMG]