Poll

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Mumbles, Dec 12, 2007.

What is the number one reason you own firearms?

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. I'm a hunter

100.0%
  2. Self defense

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Work related - LEO, security, etc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm a collector, dealer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I enjoy shooting sports

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Because the 2nd Amendment says I can!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. So I can hang with the guys on HPFF ;)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mumbles

Mumbles Guest

I'm sure all of us own firearms for different reasons, and most of us for multiple reasons. What is your number one reason?

2. neothespian

neothespian Member

There were actually a couple that really fit me, but I do enjoy the sport of shooting and the engineering behind it. I originally bought my first gun in order to confront some issues from when I was shot in a robbery, but now it's become a rather peaceful (if you can believe that) and enjoyable hobby, where I've met far nicer people than I ever would of thought before.

3. I really enjoy firearms, it is my favorite hobby and pastime.

Have been shooting for 40+ years now.

I also have them for home defense and in case the SHTF and we are all on our own.

4. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Member

That’s not fair. I have two top reasons, I own hand guns for self defense, and long guns for hunting. So I just marked "I enjoy shooting sports".

5. Ditto: multiple reasons, though I picked the 2nd ammendment as number one. Self-defense is also important, but, unlike some others here, my daily activities don't put me in any statistical danger. In another career, this would be number one.

I also enjoy shooting (duh!), though I have only recently resumed after a multi-decade recess. Finally, I _love_ the tinkering aspects: slightly over half of my weapons are in some sort of dissassembled/half-rebuilt condition. :D

6. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

Been shooting for 40 years now. Having hunted, target shot, etc. I now simply enjoy going out and punching holes in paper, tin cans, water filled milk jugs, and old, unopened soda cans. Unfortunately, I usually wind up packing out more stuff than just my own. :p

7. bud

bud Member

Because the 2nd amendment says I can.

8. I voted for shooting sports. That's where I started and still enjoy doing as much as I can.
    I was 12 when my dad first took me to the rifle range with my brothers Remington Fieldmaster. I was hooked!
    Bought my first pistol when I was eighteen in California (imagine that) and I still have it. I have had this gun longer then my wife. I guess I like long term relationships.
    Now the world has changed. We the people are at risk on the street, in our cars and in our own homes. So now I'm a legally armed citizen of Oklahoma and I hope I never have to use my little defence tool.

9. JoeDoe22

JoeDoe22 Member

Self defense and I like to shoot.

10. First and foremost, I hunt. Everything else after that is gravy.

11. Well, I do like to shoot first and foremost. But collecting is a passion. I do have my FFL03 so I get really sweet deals online and shipped right to my door! WOO HOO!. SD is also another reason.

12. 1motion

1motion Guest

born in nebraska..... we hunt and shoot as soon as we can walk. so hunting would be the main reason i am into guns but my dad is a former LEO and is now instructing over in iraq so things tend to be more towards the self defense end of the spectrum recently

13. I choose because the second ammendment because it pretty much covers the rest.

14. I hunt, therefore I eat.

15. I shoot therefore I'm happy.

I chose I enjoy shooting sports.

16. I didn't see "because I want to". ;)

17. biganimal

biganimal Guest

I picked shooting sports but many apply as I am a collector, ex dealer, ex security/body guard, hunter, etc.....

18. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I as well have many reasons, but went with "Self Defense".

19. Ari

Ari Guest

Can't put it in a box. It is deeper then the reasons you have for us to chose from.

Tells us what made you ask the question, and what are you hoping to learn?