Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a handy portable dc power source. 12 volt deep cycle marine engine, battery storage box with dc outlet plug mounted on top. Nice for a battery charger, light source, etc. With dual outlet I can run battery charger with solar panel to keep battery charged. Nice for power outages & camping.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am also working on a dc generator for when its to cloudy to charge with solar.(Its been rainy & cloudy for over a week) I'm using an old lawn mower engine with the blade removed & replaced with a pulley turning a belt to drive a car alternator.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spent about $130 excluding the battery charger which I've had for a few years & cant remember how much I paid for it. The most expensive items were the battery (about $60) & solar panel(about $50) from Wal-mart.

·
Registered
313 Posts
lol I hate you for posting this btw :p ..Last weekend I picked up the battery, a 100 watt & 400 watt converter. My walmart downsized last year so all the cool things walmart used to have are gone so I am going to check out bass pros panel selection over the weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts