Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She agreed to let me have a single gun in the house, even though she was completely against them. I got the C9 she didnt care, and I decided to try my luck and I got the Ruger 10/22 and she didn't care. Then I showed up with the 995 with the ATI stock.. Bad idea, she said it was an assault rifle and didn't want one in the house.. I tried to explain it to her and she said it just bothered her to much.. Well she let me have the other two so I cant be to pissed.. So I guess I am losing the 995, and I want to respect her opinion for now since we are newly weds haha

So I have a brand new 995 never been fired with a ATI stock, and all original parts. I was severely ripped off on it, I am almost embarrassed to say the price I paid, but I did not do any research on it prior to buying. So I paid $290 for the gun and $60 for the ATI stock so after taxes and such I am at almost $375 for a 995 with ATI stock :(

I went back to the gun shop knowing they would not take it back but I wanted to see what I could trade for it.. They offered me a Hi Point a new Hi Point 0.45 they had in stock... Is this a decent deal?? Now I know I am getting ripped off, but any advice, I will be happy with the 0.45 and so will the woman but do I have any other options after already being ripped a new one :(

I really want a Ruger .22 pistol but I cant afford that yet, so maybe I should hold onto the gun and lock it up until I can afford the "upgrade"

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Can you stash the gun at a relatives or a friend that you trust, then that way, youll still have it. Its what I'm doing since the fiance only allows 1 gun in the house.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Can you stash the gun at a relatives or a friend that you trust, then that way, youll still have it. Its what I'm doing since the fiance only allows 1 gun in the house.
Allows???? Do you only allow her 1 pair of shoes? :D :D

Sorry to give you guys a hard time.... It's just that I have no concept of this being "allowed" to do something now that I'm an adult and we can afford it (ie....not a money issue), because money is the only thing that would stop me. And the same goes for my wife and whatever hobby she is interested in.

Good luck!!

Buzz

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles cbzdel. The 995 is WAY overpriced & he's only offering you 1/2 the money for it to trade for the JHP .45. I picked up mine for about $185(x2 =$370) & that was a good price.
Oh, and if she thinks the 995 is evil looking, just wait till she sees that .45.

If you do decide to keep it at a relative or friends house, make sure they have it locked up with the trigger lock or a cable on it for safeties sake.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Sorry to give you guys a hard time.... It's just that I have no concept of this being "allowed" to do something now that I'm an adult and we can afford it (ie....not a money issue), because money is the only thing that would stop me. And the same goes for my wife and whatever hobby she is interested in.

Good luck!!

Buzz
It only worries her because gun is a new hobby.. Me going out and buying an arsenal makes her worried.. i.e the house blowing up and makes he think about getting robbed and defending herself.. She came from a family against guns and all things evil.. The 995 with an ATI stock looks like a "military killing gun" to her, and she said if I wanted to keep it it would bother her, I asked about the other (2) and she doesnt care.. Very strange haha... But this is the first time she has ever questioned me, I guess guns are just a touchy subject for some people...

Another example is I wont let her buy a cat, I hate them with a passion and think they are worthless creatures hahah (no offense to anyone who likes them) but if I call a pet I want it to come to me not roll over and lick its butt...

I bet if I let her get the cat she would let me keep the 995 but I would rather give up the 995 hahah!!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

Good luck!!

Buzz
HOLY CRAP BATMAN! i cannot fathom my wife "telling" me anything! nor i "telling" her! we been married 27 years, not all perfect, but we both came in with the policy that i was the "man" of the house. she comes from a very old fashioned Andy Griffith family and there is always a "man" in charge. she buys what she wants and i buy what i want. and if something sneaks its way into the safe she wouldn't know the difference. you need to explain to her what an assault rifle is and get her over it. i don't get it........ :brow: :blink: :cry2:

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
What if you took off the ATI stock? Would look completely different! and I say don't trade on the .45 Sell the 995 and buy another if the stock swap doesn't solve the issue for you.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
or just take it apart and leave it in pieces, then when you go shoot put it back together again, take apart when you get home, keep it in the tackle box.....i'm at a loss??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha good posts guys!!

I think I might as well just get rid of it.. I will be honest, my C9 is really for local personal protection, if I ever need it, it will be better than nothing... I would take a .45 and use it when I go on back packing trips up in the mountains.. I bought the 995 really just to add to my hi point collection, but I really have no use for it.. My range guns are gonna be 22 guns because they are fun yet cheap... So I am not to hurt that I have to get rid of it..

I may look into an online sale if they are not to complicated..

The dealer just called me and told me he can actually only give me $125 for it because he was quoting me with the ATI laser as well, which he though I had... So screw him I want to get more than that...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got my wife into shooting. Try taking her out to the range a few times. Mine hated it at first, now the 597 is "her" gun.

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
Please!!! Be a man and grow a pair, a LARGE pair and tell her you got it you will keep it and if she don't like leave.

She'll start with this and then later on her antimind will think up or she'll start telling you what to where,what to eat and what to say and think!!!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
She gets to make the love making decisions, and you get to decide how many and what kind of guns you have... the downside is all the guns you want and no...... :cantlook:

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Hate to be the dissenting opinion, but here goes....
You are married now to this woman. You wouldn't want her changing the rules on you, so if you decide "to grow a pair" (no offense) and start asserting your manhood now, you could jeopardize your relationship. Try to understand and respect her opinion. You may disagree with her but is your marriage worth a rifle? I believe she'll come around, just give her some time. Offer to include her in the sport. She may just catch the bug. (maybe you could trade it for a used 22lr pistol that she might be inclined to try). Don't hide the rifle from her. Let her see you make a concerted effort to get rid of it. If you can't without taking a huge hit, maybe she'd concede to letting you break it down and locking it away for a while. JM$.02. Bulldog...Happily married to the Mother of my 5 kids for 15years.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
oh come on, if she loves you she will oversee a bunch of crap, leaving the toilet seat open, toothpaste lid off of the paste, curlies on the soap, and a 995. i agree with "growing a pair" though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:hijack:

Wow guys I am not asking for relationship advice but thanks i guess...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts