Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Luck happens.....good and bad.

We take the old but stout 4 cylinder Tacoma on a thousand mile round trip because that is the vehicle best for what we were doing. Come thru 400 miles in the driving rain out of 500 on the way home yesterday. We pick up some take out food with it going less than 10 miles round trip after we get home. It runs like a top. Then, the spousal unit takes it to the same shopping center this morning, comes home and tells me it runs bad. She was right. I could tell one cylinder wasn't firing and, thru just doing mechanical guy things, determine it's the number 4 cylinder. On a strong hunch then looking at #4 wire which is burned (cheapo set the son in law buys long time ago), I buy a new set of plug wires. Mis-fire goes completely away (son in law lost a few points) and I put a good set in.

Drive a thousand miles in the Tacoma packed to the hilt in the middle of nowhere in driving ass rain both ways and it craps out 3 miles from home the next day. I think that used up a lot of luck.

Next luck story.......

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,869 Posts
MINE IS LUCKY TOO, but I also believe you make your own "luck" in finances...
Luck happens.....good and bad.

We take the old but stout 4 cylinder Tacoma on a thousand mile round trip because that is the vehicle best for what we were doing. Come thru 400 miles in the driving rain out of 500 on the way home yesterday. We pick up some take out food with it going less than 10 miles round trip after we get home. It runs like a top. Then, the spousal unit takes it to the same shopping center this morning, comes home and tells me it runs bad. She was right. I could tell one cylinder wasn't firing and, thru just doing mechanical guy things, determine it's the number 4 cylinder. On a strong hunch then looking at #4 wire which is burned (cheapo set the son in law buys long time ago), I buy a new set of plug wires. Mis-fire goes completely away (son in law lost a few points) and I put a good set in.

Drive a thousand miles in the Tacoma packed to the hilt in the middle of nowhere in driving ass rain both ways and it craps out 3 miles from home the next day. I think that used up a lot of luck.

Next luck story.......
I had a crypto-coin blog account for about 3.5 years now, all the markets were UP and I finally decided that it was time to take a cash out. It was back up to almost a profit, but not quite... and that was strictly because I did a sub-investment with a very awesome genius guy from the UK. Tripled my money in about a year, so it brought me back up near "par".
Prices were RIPE for profit taking so I did. Every step of the process was nearly flawless, never did lose anything along the way. Then to make a long story short, bought GOLD with BITCOIN. The gold arrives Today!!!

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Tired of starting your own bitcoin infomercial threads? Just hijack other peoples threads.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Hot water heater expansion tank ruptured this year and began to spray water in my basement. There is carpet down there. I discovered it within fifteen minutes and was able to get the water shut off. Less than $125 and a few days later the expansion tank was replaced and hot water was restored. It could have been a lot worse water damage in my house if I had not discovered it so soon.

Reactions: Merle

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Last November I was cutting a tree limb and trying to get it off my shed roof. I knew it was going to move but not as fast as it did or in the direction it did (came at me instead of sliding straight down the roof). Luckily I stepped back just in time, it glance off my left shoulder and struck my left forearm resulting in a large hematoma. Another inch closer or if I hadn't moved I'd be a goner. There may be a photo of it on here somewhere.

Doc-in-a-box said it was broke but then a real doc looked at the xray and said nope, just the big lump on my arm. Took months for it to go down and I can still see a small lump on my forearm.

69yrs old now, can't move as fast as I used to or thought I could so I'll have to do it smarter next time.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,869 Posts
Tired of starting your own bitcoin infomercial threads? Just hijack other peoples threads.
Sorry, Not Sorry! ;)

Luck o' the Irish, and my Leprechaun Pot is filling up! ;)

...and I hope I'm not "using up this Luck" :eek:

·
Simple by choice
2,193 Posts
My neighbor's luck used up fast story.

He bought a scratch off ticket and won $20. Went to his favorite bar to celebrate. When leaving the bar he cut the steering wheel too soon and put a nice scratch on his car.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,869 Posts
My neighbor's luck used up fast story.

He bought a scratch off ticket and won $20. Went to his favorite bar to celebrate. When leaving the bar he cut the steering wheel too soon and put a nice scratch on his car.
I guess
"One Good Scratch deserves Another!" ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts