post your loadout

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by splatterin succotash, Jun 22, 2020.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I think your idea of pepper spray may need some work.

Or are you just staying ready for marauding burritos?

Twisty and splatterin succotash like this.

2. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Mine changes as the whim hits me. This week it will be my Taurus 692 with the Ruger LCP II as my BUG. For the past several weeks it has been the 692 with a NAA Mini as my BUG.

A favorite but heavy loadout is the Ruger SR1911 along with the SP101.

splatterin succotash likes this.
  3. I learned from Hillary to always be carrying hot sauce in my man bag. It's a good way to score brownie points and pander to certain demographics - could easily help diffuse a situation. Great for subduing burritos too, true.

And it was Biden who taught me to just get a shotgun, so after researching shotguns I've decided to get an AA-12 as a companion piece to my C9. Can't wait - it's gonna be so frickin' sweet ... Anybody know which online stores have these in stock?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  4. Awesome collection ... But what about the timepiece? Shades? And flashlight?? We need details, man, details!

5. greg_r

My "loadout" is simple really....but complicated. I carry an EDC bag, usually a sling bag or a haversack. It’s pretty minimalist, but it has everything I need. Food, water, shelter, fire, first aid, etc. Somewhere between a 12 and 24 hour bag. It’s basically designed to get me to my truck. That’s where my GHB is stored. Enough to get me to my home, which is 70 miles from my work. Baring no problems I should be able to get there in around 5 days or so. My GHB augmented with my EDC will cover that 5 days.

‘Yep, I am one of those guys. And before you ask. Yep, I have used it. Many times. Never have I had to walk home, but I have been stranded, sick, tired, any number of things give me a reason to get into it.

It was probably best said by my daughter not long ago when we had a protracted power outage at the house. My daughter asked the wife where I was and got the response that I was gone. The daughters reply was "Then how are we going to eat?"

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  6. More of us need to be one of those guys.
    Sounds like you are one lucky man, with one lucky family that loves and appreciates you. "Always Ready."

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Rope
    Duct tape
    Shovel
    Untraceable firearm

Oh wait. That's a different bag. Forget I said anything.

Rerun, GrumpyOlMan, Twisty and 5 others like this.
  8. Uhh, cicpup - I think I got your bag here by mistake. I didn't look inside it, I swear.. :oops:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SWAGA likes this.
  9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Load out, or EDC? My “load out” stays in my truck, and includes an AR, 6 mags, a concealed pistol and 3 mags, and a open carry pistol with 2 mags. Plus all the usual things, like knife, fire starter, hatchet and saw, water and stove, mag light, spare undies, etc. If I have to leave the vehicle, I may not pack it all. Depends on the situation.

EDC is usually a Boker Automatic, Taurus TCP, and chapstick. Keychain with a tiny Streamlight, and a keychain multi tool by Gerber or Leatherman.

10. greg_r

I was trying to be nice about it. :rolleyes:

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You do realize....you said “load out”, not “EDC load out” in your OP, right?
    Makes a difference, it seems that words have meaning.

As a teacher, I can forgive you, but you still failed the test. Happily, you can take a re-test, as soon as you finish writing an acceptable 5 paragraph essay on the correct usage of the acronym “EDC”.

Yes, punctuation, grammar and spelling will be graded.

SWAGA and splatterin succotash like this.
  12. ajole: "Load out, or EDC?"
    recoilweb: edc loadout
    half the web: loadout :stir:

13. greg_r

Loadout is originally a military term. It was the gear carried by a soldier to sustain that soldier during whatever task that soldier was to complete. It typically referred to what a soldier carried into battle, but evolved to cover other tasks.

The term migrated into civilian life, at its core it still refers to what the individual needs to sustain them through a particular task. Say an overnight camping trip for example.

The core word is "sustain". It will cover the survival rule of 3’s, or the 10 C’s of survivalbility, whichever you subscribe to. I subscribe to the rule of threes
    upload_2020-6-23_19-23-22.jpeg

Loadout is used erroneously to refer to EDC. Typically consisting of very useful tools, but falling far short of what you need to survive. The term reminds me of the magazine vs clip argument. If you are versed in firearms you know what the proper term is, but you understand what is being said if the improper term is used. Same-Same.

My Loadout has changed over time, and will change some more. It is in my pickup, locked away until I need something from it. (Except the firearms, they are inside with me). I am not going to unpack my bag, but here was my Loadout from a year or two ago. 6C6A0756-62FA-4570-A5BB-8BE353A6122F.jpeg 89692F6B-2B79-440D-9CCA-5F88B32D647D.jpeg

splatterin succotash and ajole like this.
  14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I see yer problem. :rolleyes:

You DO know, “the web“ is stupid, and wrong most of the time, right?:cool:

15. "All over the internet, there are articles where people talk about what’s best to have on your body when concealing a firearm.

It’s not uncommon to talk about various lights, knives, medical supplies and spare magazines.

Having different items on you is a great way to be prepared for daily life,
    but it’s really easy to start carrying way too much where it starts to become unrealistic for daily use."

A typical carry loadout (Left) vs a carry loadout with too much going on (Right)

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...ry-corner-the-problem-with-carrying-too-much/

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I rest my case.

CARRY load out. That’s every day carry. They’re going interwebz tacticool by calling it a load out...because they’re ignorant of what the words really mean.

Twisty and greg_r like this.
  17. greg_r

This ^^^^^

18. greg_r

Your EDC is what’s on your person all the time.

My EDC is
    • Wallet
    • Keys
    • Cell Phone
    • Pen Light
    • Folding Knife
    • Zippo Lighter
    • Ink pen
    • Primary CCW
    • BUG
    I sometimes carry an umbrella depending on weather

my “Gray Man" bag or Urban bag expands that. I have several I use, the haversacks are about 6 and 9 liters, my sling bag is 15 liters. I could expand the sling bag, but 12 pounds starts to get uncomfortable. My kit is less than half that weight. This is also where the term Loadout starts to really apply. Includes:
    • first aid "Boo Boo" kit
    • Prescription medicines
    • Small hygiene kit
    • Multi tool
    • Small folding saw (Usually part of the multi tool)
    • Pet cock tool (you just might need water)
    • Food (Cliff bars, Jerky, instant coffee and such)
    • Water
    • Small fire kit
    • Spirit stove With 4 ounces of fuel
    • Glacier cup
    • Poncho / Shelter
    • Bank Line
    • Emergency blanket
    • Bandanna
    This bag goes with me to the office. It is designed to get me back to my truck, or to my second house if needs be. If I had to walk home with it, I think I could....maybe, but I would be miserable, stinky, and likely hungry if I had to. Consumables are designed for 12 to 24 hours, I could maybe stretch them to 36, but definitely not more than that. One of my favorite saying is "if is the middle word in life". If would definitely apply.

My Get Home Bag (GHB) lives in my truck. It expands on my Gray Man Bag greatly. I will not list the contents here as the contents today are similar to the picture I posted earlier. I have used it often on 2 and 3 day weekends and really had an enjoyable time. Matter of fact, there is a 3 day weekend coming up. If there are no fireworks, I might just spend a night or two at the Hobo Camp. I need to rotate some contents anyways.

Anyway, no Picts like you asked for, but at least you got a list. And maybe I helped with the meaning of "Loadout". Regardless, call it what you want. I know what you are saying. You can call a magazine a clip too. I don’t care, and again, I know what you mean.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020