Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don’t know what kind or when. But should be by the end of the month. I get first dibs.

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
You want to explain this a little more? You have an inside track?

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You want to explain this a little more? You have an inside track?
I spend a buck or two in at that LGS. We are on a first name basis. She told me that powder was coming, she did not know if it would be 2 days or 2 weeks, nor what kind of powder it even was. She just gets what she can. If I can use any of it, I will get it!

BTW, they had one of these in the counter this past week.

Reactions: histed

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Did it follow you home? One day I'll run onto another M43 Firestar and it'll follow me home. I was a fool to sell the one I had

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did it follow you home? One day I'll run onto another M43 Firestar and it'll follow me home. I was a fool to sell the one I had
Thinking about it. I do like the 1911. If it were all stainless or all black, it would have. Just dont know how I feel about the two-tone.

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Thinking about it. I do like the 1911. If it were all stainless or all black, it would have. Just dont know how I feel about the two-tone.
In today's political climate, it's perfect! It's "less white" - like me!!
Gotta find it a home.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In today's political climate, it's perfect! It's "less white" - like me!!
View attachment 73377 Gotta find it a home.
So…..if I buy a two-tone, it makes me multi cultural? That seems like a good reason to buy one. Sold!

My brother loves his Kimber. He has a 45 with a .22 conversion. It runs fine now, but lots of problems when it was new.

·
Premium Member
35,829 Posts
One of my LGS has had powder for over a month. Two types...VV N130 at $40 a lb, and some stuff that is for 50 BMG. Oh well....

·
Administrator
24,589 Posts
One of my LGS has had powder for over a month. Two types...VV N130 at $40 a lb, and some stuff that is for 50 BMG. Oh well....
Ouch. That's high even for Viht...

·
Registered
971 Posts
So…..if I buy a two-tone, it makes me multi cultural? That seems like a good reason to buy one. Sold!

My brother loves his Kimber. He has a 45 with a .22 conversion. It runs fine now, but lots of problems when it was new.
My kimber 22 conversion is very finicky on ammo but it is very accurate and fun to shoot

·
Premium Member
35,829 Posts
Ouch. That's high even for Viht...
Funny thing is, back before Covid I got about 8 lbs of 550 for $20/lb there, they were closing it out, I guess. Plus a few lbs of 110, and 130.

·
Administrator
24,589 Posts
Funny thing is, back before Covid I got about 8 lbs of 550 for $20/lb there, they were closing it out, I guess. Plus a few lbs of 110, and 130.
Wish I could brag but best I could do around here for Viht was $28 per. Now the best I can do is cringe at the $50 price tag on an empty shelf. And they've got to be holding that in the back for buddy system bullshit because I've been there on restock days and been told they didn't get any powder or primers in but I know the kid who unloads the trucks at Big R and he tells me when they get it in.

I'm not paying $50/ and I'm not over paying for primers, but it would be nice to know it was making it to the shelf and not disappear as part of some backroom deal.

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Wish I could brag but best I could do around here for Viht was $28 per. Now the best I can do is cringe at the $50 price tag on an empty shelf. And they've got to be holding that in the back for buddy system bullshit because I've been there on restock days and been told they didn't get any powder or primers in but I know the kid who unloads the trucks at Big R and he tells me when they get it in.

I'm not paying $50/ and I'm not over paying for primers, but it would be nice to know it was making it to the shelf and not disappear as part of some backroom deal.
Last time around, during the great Obutthead scare, the lgs owner put all but a couple pounds in the back room. He knew which of us locals reloaded and we could always get a pound or two, as well as primers. "City boys" and the the hoarder crowd found empty shelves there, same as everywhere else. Guess that was a buddy system too, but it didn't end up in the hands of gougers.

·
Administrator
24,589 Posts
Last time around, during the great Obutthead scare, the lgs owner put all but a couple pounds in the back room. He knew which of us locals reloaded and we could always get a pound or two, as well as primers. "City boys" and the the hoarder crowd found empty shelves there, same as everywhere else. Guess that was a buddy system too, but it didn't end up in the hands of gougers.
Doesn't help that I embarrassed the Manager when he was shit talking hi points to a customer. Which lead to a full blown dressing down on his lack of firearms knowledge, because I always seem to miss the signs for my exit. It ended with an AR fully disassembled on the counter with me taunting him to "go 'head, dude. Put that shit together since you're such a bad ass."

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Like I said, I tend to miss the exit signs...
Yeah, I get that. Been told pretty often I don't have an "off switch". It happens (shrug)

·
Premium Member
35,829 Posts
Hey, every successful team needs one of those types. The world would be a dull place, and a lot of stuff would never get done without them.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Our only LGS with reloading gear got powder in about 2 months ago, 2 or 3 and I picked up 2 pounds of Clays for like $32 each. I went back last week and they have 5 more powders and one was exactly what I was looking for, H380 for my 22-250, so I bought a pound. They also have several 1 pound cans of Win. Staball 6.5. WE are the largest town in the area with about 40000 folks. (If we still have that many) I'm hoping this is a sign of stuff coming back.
I read a post on another site by a guy who's in the business, who said his contacts are saying the shortage is due more to the lost production of the Covid hitting us last year, and that the industry is catching up.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got the phone call today. They got in Hodgdon powders. H1000 which works in my 280 Remington , H380 which works in my 25/06 with light bullets. I have better powders for those cartridges, so I passed. They got H4350, which works in my 280, but it is velocity challenged, although it’s not bad in my 7.62x54 with heavy bullets.. Passed on that too. Then the got some Varget. It works in a bunch of my stuff, I got it, will pick it up tomorrow. 3 pounds of it, which is all they got in. 38.99 a pound, which is not bad, but elevated above what I last paid for it., which I believe was somewhere around the $34 - $35 range.

I have used Varget successfully in my 223, 30-30, 308, and 7.62x54R. I will put it to good use.

Reactions: TNTRAILERTRASH
1 - 20 of 20 Posts