Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What powder does everybody use for 45 acp right now i am useing green dot till get some bullseye.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I use HP-38 or W-231. They are two of the few powdrs that can be used interchangably without resetting anything. Very clean burning. And they are a buck cheaper per pound here than Bullseye.

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
I've used bullseye so far and at the small rate I shoot the .45 and reload probably will for some time. I'm going to try some VihtaVuori N310 when I buy again, just cause I like to be different and it burns faster than bullseye according to my powder burn rate chart.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I like uneversal clays my self. I have had good luck with red dot also. I find that diffrent projectiles like diffrent powders in each weapon. Invest in a decent crony ( midway sells good ones for around $70.00) then go play and see what you can come up with.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Red dot. A friend gave me 12 lbs and I use it as often as I can. Also in .380. load is so small I figure I can get about 30,000 rounds loaded before I run out. -D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have been using REX 2 because it is half the price of bullseye and just as accurate.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Well, I'm using American Select for .45acp. This is $19.99 for one lb bottle.

BTW, I also use this powder for .45LC and .38spl and .357mag.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
I like universal clays my self.
Me too! Very clean powder! I had to pay $20 last time but it goes a long way.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
As many good things about Clays that I've heard recently, I am going to have to get me some and test it out.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Win 231/HP38 for what I presently load. .380/9mm/45ACP. I've only been reloading for a year and have opted not to experiment with other powders. This works fine, is affordable and my paper zombies at the local indoor range don't seem to mind much. lol.

I have no doubt that there are many other makes/types out there that might be better for a specific pistol caliber, but for my present needs I'm not much motivated to change - besides I bought a big jug of the Win231 and until I use it up I'm buying primers and bullets instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts