PPU ammo. a no go.

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by basspl, Jan 28, 2015.

1. I bought a box of this Serbian made ammo when I bought my .40 JCP. Lots of failure to feed and stove piping. I was ready to send the pistol in for service. Then I ran some locally made ammo called " On Target" through it. 50 rounds and not a single problem. Just a heads up.

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    It must just be the .40 ammo that doesn't work. I've had good experiences with PPU .45 ACP and 55-grain 5.56 NATO. They weren't the cleanest, but they worked reliably.

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Been through a couple thousand rounds of PPU .380. Had one squib. That was my only problem.

4. Well guy's, maybe some feed ramp polishing on my pistol would be some help. It seems odd that only the .40 would be out of spec enough to fail repeatedly.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    No, don't waste your time. Many guns are ammo picky, and different guns might be picky about different ammo. The issue may not be the ramp at all.

Just shoot what works, in a few hundred rounds, try the other, it might work better by then.

6. Sirex

Sirex Member

I had been using PPU in my nice M39 for years now. However the last batch of 182gr I shot made my normally mild M39 kick like a mule. Left a bruise in my shoulder. Accuracy sucked. Later I found an online article saying they found the PPU loaded very hot, and accuracy suffered. If I can find the link I will post it.

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I use PPU in my 06, 45's, 9 millimeter. I have not had any issues with any of the ammo and found the 150 gr 06 to be extremely accurate.

8. Sirex

Sirex Member

The PPU 7.62x39 shoots exceptionally well out of my VZ2008

9. 0311

0311 Member

+1,worked great in my P238. Kinda dirty tho'.

10. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    I've had very good luck with PPU in a variety of calibers.

11. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Have a couple of boxes of PPU 7.62x25 HP's waiting for me at home.

12. I had trouble with PPU in my C9, but it ran fine in my 995TS. I guess that my C9 was just ammo picky during the first few hundred rounds.

13. superbeast1098

superbeast1098 Member

I havent had any issues with PPU in any of my guns. 9mm, 45, and 7.62x39.... its run very well so far....

14. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    Yep, same here