Prayers needed

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Yeoldetool, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Prayers, please, for a brother CO that got bit on the stomach by a HIV+ convict today, and the ****head wouldn't let go. My friend has already started the cocktail.

The con was being pat-frisked for suspicion of drugs and came off the wall fighting.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Wow... that really sucks.... (was gonna say bites) Prayers and hoping for negative infection and quick recovery.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

Never hurts to ask for prayer. Usually helps, too.

But one extra word of advice: I have read and heard that Colloidal Silver can
    kill HIV, and it would be best to stat now, before the virus gets established.
    Look it up, many swear by it. FDA does not approve or endorse it as a cure,
    because you can make it at home and it is an old time remedy.

Worth a shot!

Best Wishes, Brother Tool... for your friend too!

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

My prayers and best wishes for him and his family.

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. That's one of my biggest fears running med calls with the FD. I hope everything comes back clear for him.

6. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Prayers going up!

7. gasman42

gasman42 Member

NC
    You got my prayer, but its very unlikely he would get it from a bite. Saliva does not transfer HIV,

8. forgotenpast

forgotenpast Member

he has my best wishes

9. stringer

stringer Member

10. desertrider

desertrider Member

Done!

Hope all works out well for your friend.

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Prayers offered. One of my Judo Brothers is a CO.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. AS6

AS6 Legible in My Own Mind Member

Prayers given. Prayer works!

13. Branth

Branth Member

I'm not the praying type, but I'm hoping all the same. Here's hoping the PEP works. Good luck, and my sympathies.

They've made great strides in HIV treatment, but they're not quite there yet, sadly.

14. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
  15. Branth

Branth Member

On the plus side, HIV isn't transmitted by saliva. It's only transmitted by blood, semen, breastmilk, and maybe one or two other bodily fluids. As long as the inmate didn't have any bleeding in his mouth, or maybe a nosebleed that got into his mouth or something, your friend should theoretically be safe.

Still, scary as hell either way. Fingers crossed. You'll know in three months or so for sure, which is how long it takes for antibodies to show up that they can test for.

16. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

So now can they add an attempted murder charge to the inmate? They should.

17. papataylor

papataylor Member

I would suggest he begin having his T cells monitored immediately. I'm sure your medical provider has already started.

While HIV isn't transmitted via saliva, the mouth is very prone to bleeding, shedding cells, etc. Had your coworkers blood been exposed to just a few strands of viral RNA he'll be HIV positive eventually.

Will certainly be praying. I see the consequences of HIV first hand, and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

18. We have specialized BERT Officers, trained in evidence collection and preservation. And an entire protocol established for "significant blood exposure" situations. Not trying to make us sound like a pile of thugs, but you can reasonably assume there is blood if an inmate attacks officers. This is hugely dependent on the severity of the situation. Things happen around steel bars, concrete, and violent felons. We are known to house the most violent in the State.

Yes. There will be charges. Most likely aggravated assault, but attempted murder should be considered if the officer tests positive in the future.

papataylor, We all go through extensive yearly communicable disease training. Many of us have been around long enough to remember the AIDS Wards and clinics back in the late '80s and '90s, where you could literally watch these guys dying on a daily basis, and nobody really understood it then. Enough to cause nightmares, I tell ya. Thank God for research and advancement of medications to treat HIV. It's now seems only in exposures like this, that one finds out who is infectious. More common exposures in our environment are HepC, TB and SARS. A prison is certainly not the most hygienic environment.

19. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

That is some Crazy @#$%! My prayers go out to him and his family as well.