Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
40 S&W and 9mm?

:D :D

Seirously, my 995 always eats whatever I feed it which is usually cheap reloads or blazer cheap stuff.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
What ever you can but the most of. Havent found anything my 995 hasnt liked yet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Anything. I shoot WWB, but Monarch is less dirty. CCI Blazer Brass is good and cheap. Also shoot the UMC Remington (Mega-Pack 250 round box for $35)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I've said before, if I could shove a piece of celery in there, it would come flying out the other end when I pulled the trigger. I've been very fortunate. Find what works using the names above, and let 'er rip.

G

·
9 and 45

Both work great with any ammo that I can purchase or make. I load a lot of lead in both and they eat them just fine.

The autoloading systems in my three hipoints work fine with very minimal amounts of power yet still work fine on full power loads.
Your Jokey

·
Registered
996 Posts
I prefer Winchester in the white box...typically the best boom for the buck...

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to all who responded. :D Hopefully I will finally get to fire my 995 tomorrow. Every day I am off from work, it has been pouring rain. :cry:
I went to a gun store today and am heartbroken because I saw a 995 for $189.00 and I paid $220 for mine at a gun show, not including the tax and 3% charge to use my atm card. It was my first, and probably last, gun show because I was not impressed at all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Winchester White box for both my 9mm and 40 S&W have worked great for me. Have never has a FTF.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you have read any of my posts, you know I have some FTF's in my carbine. So I have experimented with every type of ammo i get my hands on. All have the same result. While I like WWB, it's the dirtiest, and has the most amount of smoke. There is HUGE difference clearing the air after a mag full of WWB vs. Cheapo Monarch or Blazer Brass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts