Premium Members get access to the HPFF The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Mai

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lklawson, Feb 4, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

As an additional benefit of becoming a Premium Member / Forum Supporter, you are granted access to the Hi Point Firearms Forums version of The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance. It contains all the same information as the commercial version but has Hi Point specific cleaning and lubricating examples.

Please remember that this is a Premium Member benefit. To access the sub-forum and the resources there, please sign up for a Premium Membership.

The document is in ePub format, specifically designed for reading on mobile devices such as Smart Phones and Tablets. It will automatically "reflow" and format itself to your device. Because of this, while there are linked sections, there are no set pages and page numbers.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Is this the place where you can read ALL the 4 letter cuss words that were taught to our US Navy sailors?

NO Thank You!

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Well, the Dark Rooms do include a sub-forum titled "Politics & Religion." :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Which is surprisingly more civil than when people get into political and/or religious discussions on the only guitar forum that I visit. :eek:

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Before it died out, NNTP/Usenet's rec.martial-arts was a rollicking good time, particularly when politics came up, as it often did. 100% unmoderated. Everything from cursing (both metaphorical and literal attempts to "curse" people) all the way up through threats of violence. Sometimes I miss it. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

AND, five, six, and eight letter colourful adjectives as well.

One gets the full spectrum of definitive words.

:D

eldar

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

If this was in the dark room I could give you quote from an admiral about cursing.

8. jcwit

jcwit Member

To have a fundraiser, I could understand and likely contribute to.

To have to pay to enter your private little happy room, NOPE, ain't gonna happen.

This is the only gun or auto forum I know of that does this.

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It's actually pretty common. And there are several variations.

One Martial Arts forum which I am a member of will only allow paying members to post in their "Please come to my Martial Arts Seminar/Class" section. Everyone can read, only $$$ can post. One Linux OS group gives higher bandwidth service for software libraries to their Premium Members. Another gives critical updates a day sooner to their Premium Members.

I'm sorry if you feel excluded. I guess, in a way, by not wanting to pay to join the "Premium" membership, you are. You really are missing out on some neat stuff and some entertaining discussions, and, occasionally, some really useful information. But no one is going to call down a pagan curse upon you if you don't become a Premium Member (well, there was that one guy, but he got banned after I grew a 3rd arm...) and there's still a crap-ton of useful and entertaining threads outside of The Dark Rooms, so there's still plenty of value even in the "free" membership. But the rule is, always has been, and always will be TANSTAFL. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    You're not missing anything. I pay for the unlimited pic & inbox space. IMO that's worth the money.

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

And my cheapskate's guide, right? You meant to include that, right? ;)

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

12. cicpup

Vermont
    Oh yea. That and the ultra cool stickers.

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

;)

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

14. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Pssst!

That's ~ There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch ~ TANSTAAFL.

Helpful eldar

15. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I have no problem paying for the premium membership as it supports this forum and keeps cicpup off the streets. :D

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I commonly see (and use) it as "There Ain't No Such Thing As Free Lunch ~ TANSTAFL" Yes, it drops an "A."

IIRC, in the classic "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress," it did have the extra "A." However, I think both of the last were lower-cased: TANSTaaFL

:)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. jcwit

jcwit Member

Oh, believe me, I do not feel excluded, its a case I really could care less to play in the happy room. Now you boys run along and have a good time. LOL

18. jcwit

jcwit Member

I do understand for a forum as small as this it may very well be needed. The other forums I frequent on a daily basis have WAY more members, anywhere from 40,000 to 214,000, and get much of their monies from sponsorship.

Ah, well, it is what it is, whatever is is??

19. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

What ever works as long as we all have a good time.

20. cicpup

Vermont
    Nice to know I'm doing my part.