Prepare for Grid Down

Discussion in 'Survival Zone' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Sep 20, 2020.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I have my own "pole pig" ;)
    In fact, got it when I met @Bull in Ferguson, about a year before Mike Brown's
    Darwin Award application was filed. Go Figure! Had breakfast at the Cracker Barrel...
    10 kVA transformer. In a video on youtube, they claimed it weighs 300-400# but BULL picked it up out of his Explorer, and placed it in my F150 bed. Made it look EASY.
    That's why they nicknamed him BULL. Heckuva Man!

Rabidwookie likes this.
  2. Damn! Seen a couple of guys pull 4 cylinder engines like that, but they’re mostly just a matter of leverage. Transformers are just plain old HEAVY as hell.

undeRGRound likes this.

3. Dave_Jones

Dave_Jones Member

For starters, the US needs its grid controls off of the public internet; or fire walled off of the net. A big job; but the sooner started; the sooner done. They could also standardize control software and then look for anomalies with a product called (or similar to) "Tripwire".

While "Nothing is impossible for the man who does not have to do it," that is one set of solutions. If utilities do not want to use firewalls, well, bandwidth and PC's are cheap.

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Our country is full of CCP members so it would be a waste of time. Lots of internet users running of satellite too.

5. undeRGRound

INDY
    I believe that the power grid has it's own dedicated "INTRA-NET" and it would be easy to implement, they are already tied together 100% anyway... think about it.
    100% WIRED TOGETHER... Data transmission on power lines is a thing too.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  6. TNTRAILERTRASH

pick up the phone asshole

7. undeRGRound

INDY
    wrong number, a-hoe :rotfl:

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Tripwire is a unix/linux-based host intrusion detection system. Mostly scans for file changes.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

Rabidwookie likes this.
  9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

If I give you his real number tell him to F off

OldOutlaw likes this.
  10. TNTRAILERTRASH

We already talked. Thanks for the offer :lol: