Pressure switch mounting?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Cybafish20, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Cybafish20

Cybafish20 Member

I've got a new weapon laser/light coming in the mail, and I was wondering what the best way would be to mount the pressure pad to my grip (JHP) - I've used one of those Matrix belts in the past, but I was wondering if there were some better/other options out there.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Duct tape. Something colorful

3. Cybafish20

Cybafish20 Member

I'm not a fan of putting tape on my guns, or anything colorful. But to each their own I guess. You got any pictures of you're implementation of this by any chance?

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

Tell me, how can you modify triggers, and all the other things you claim to have done, but how to mount a pressure switch is above your head?

5. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

The pressure switch for the laser mounted on my Ruger P89c is placed (epoxy) on the left scale right under where I place my right thumb.

eldar

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Cut out the area of the frame for the pressure plate secure plate with glue and cover with innertube.

7. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Why innertube?

Not knocking innertube ~ It is a material that is sorely overlooked these days!

eldar

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

It will not only help hold the switch but will give better grip as well. You could just as easily use a slip on grip, but inner tube is usually cheaper.

9. moona11

because thats what those crazy expensive rubber bands on amazon are made of and I have a Sh!t ton from my kids bikes.

10. Cybafish20

Cybafish20 Member

Cut out part of the frame? Idk if I really want to do that, do you have any pictures of this done though?

I am really looking for something more comfortable than the Matrix or velcro that I am use to. I don't really like using rubber bands either, not sure what expensive rubber bands you are referring to.

Here is the Matrix I am referring to - sold on an airsoft site but it works just as well for anything else

evike.com/products/30844/

11. moona11

Don't mess with the frame. I was kidding.

12. moona11

Crybafish you need to read a lot of posts around here before you mess with you gun. You are way behind in knowledge and experience. Read read and reread

13. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Get rid of the pressure switch and learn how to properly use a flashlight with a handgun. I recommend the FBI technique.

14. Cybafish20

Cybafish20 Member

I already know how to use a flashlight and a handgun, I don't really have a name for the way I do it, my dad taught me it from his vietnam days - gun hand wresting on the wrist of flashlight/knife hand for balance. - Ok so it seems to be the same thing, I looked up "Fbi style"

moona while it may have seemed stupid to me, I wasn't sure if you were serious - some people do things like this to their guns, and of course as I said, I wouldn't be maiming my frame. I also didn't want to be a dick or nonconstructive, and sarcasm does not really transfer across text well. While I am sure there are some posts to read around here for everybody to learn something, I think you might have a misunderstanding about me in general. Oh well.

Also, I understand that their are grips and forgrips with spaces cut into them for pressure switches, and who knows, maybe you got the word frame wrong, so I wasn't jumping to conclusions since people make mistakes like that sometimes (hence me asking for pictures)

15. talon

talon the banned wagon

Moon probably knows more about firearms than you know about yourself.
    He didn't get any terminology wrong.

16. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Is that where they surround a compound with searchlight equipped trucks?

Inquiring eldar

17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I've never seen a pressure pad used with a handgun, but I'm sure some mall-ninja has done it before. Many setups can be switched on with the trigger finger or off hand. Flash makes a valid point, properly using a torch in one hand an the gun in the other can confuse a BG and make them miss if you do it right :D

18. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Yep, with those helithingys flying overhead and Swartzenegger standing in the window with an AR/grenade launcher in each hand and a cyborg dressed like a motorcycle cop riding out the window and everything. Wow, I have to go to the bathroom. Back in a minute. :confused: