Price Increase September 1st

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Zone' started by Joshua M. Smith, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith Mosin Sight Manufacturer Member

Hi Folks,

I've kept prices at 2012 as much as I could. I raised them once, felt bad about it, and lowered them again.

I want to get a heads-up out to you so that it doesn't come as a shock.

When I started this business, stock sights were around $10 apiece, shipped. They're now at $22 apiece, shipped, and that's when I can find bargains.

The sight services will be going up as well, but not nearly as drastically.

Regards,

Josh

2. DEDUBE

DEDUBE Si vis pacem para bellum Member

To keep in the working mans price range I wait untill my metal supplier has free shipping, then I order enough metal for the hole year. Saves me $100. and I have been able to lower my prices for the last two years in part because I switch metal suppliers.
    I see Hi Point parts being offered for twice what I sell mine for and have to wonder why would anybody buy a Hi Point because they can afford it and then put the cost of the gun in accessories.

3. Joshua M. Smith

IowaTriker,

I do this, but my material cost is pretty much the same regardless of time of year. I literally shop the world for the best prices and when, say, the U.S. increases, somewhere in Europe decreases.

They have both constantly inflated, of course. The average cost worldwide is up.

Regards,

Josh

4. Joshua M. Smith

Just a reminder, guys. Monday is the first.

Regards,

Josh

5. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

But the government says there's no inflation (sarcasm off).