Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the store today and saw the price of beef has gone up to $5.50 to $6 per pound now. What is everyone else seeing across the nation?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I went to the store today and saw the price of beef has gone up to $5.50 to $6 per pound now. What is everyone else seeing across the nation?
That's what they're charging for ground beef here in western Wa. Steak is 8.99 up to 12.99 depending on the cut...

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Watch this video where he talks about the price of beef. Four very big companies are doing price collusion on beef.

Reactions: yworrydog

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
Still have 2 more whiteface in the pasture, still good here. $15 per pound? Too beaucoup.

·
Premium Member
21,299 Posts
Not getting that crazy of pricing yet.

No mention of the Chinese. This is political. China is shoulder deep in our meat industry. AOC and her ilk want to get rid of meat all together. Obama was into that years ago. Cow farts, environmental concerns etc. They are also restricting water usage in CA and other places to further tighten the food supply. We have to save the delta smelt, and starve the people. Control the food, you control the people.

I know I got 3 ribeyes for $47 the other day. Save-A-Lot had them for $5.99 a pound. Then last 2 weeks it was $6.99. These are a few they cut and have a limited supply of. Last cutting is @3pm. They aren't the best quality. Just something to snag you in to buy other things. They have other ribeyes at a higher price.

I got some sirloin tip steaks for $5.99 the other day on sale. 2 shoulder roasts @$3.99. This was not at Save-A-Lot.

Pisses me off. I had my land for sale in Florida in 2005. I had my eye on 180 acres up here in TN at the time. I was thinking of doing organic grass fed beef no injections. Meh..............missed that boat.

Reactions: yworrydog

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
78 Posts
I quit buying it, last I bought was in March on sale for 59 cents a pound, it was the reduced for quick sale packs. Enough sits on the shelf and rots they'll reduce prices. Chicken's getting worse too, last I even looked at was $4.99, hopefully that shortage is over.

I know there's something up because the farmers over in Lee County can't afford to raise them because prices are sol low at the stockyards.

·
Premium Member
21,299 Posts
I quit buying it, last I bought was in March on sale for 59 cents a pound, it was the reduced for quick sale packs. Enough sits on the shelf and rots they'll reduce prices. Chicken's getting worse too, last I even looked at was $4.99, hopefully that shortage is over.

I know there's something up because the farmers over in Lee County can't afford to raise them because prices are sol low at the stockyards.
You in Florida?

Chicken, according to the owner of a local restaurant has gone up 45% since January.

It's an engineered crisis. Got rice and beans? They're going up, and supplies will shrink.

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's an engineered crisis. Got rice and beans? They're going up, and supplies will shrink.
I agree with you 100% on this being price collusion of meat especially beef. We have a lot of canned tuna fish stored up presently and I am shopping around for lower prices on meat. Likely we are going to look at different meat over beef.

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
The increased money supply that's propping up the recent profligate spending is causing inflation across the board. It isn't a matter of meat just becoming expensive on its own, it's a matter of all of the inputs going up, too. The USD is tanking from excess liquidity.

Look around. Meat isn't all that's going up. It's why I started buying canned beef and pulled pork a long time ago. I got it on it to stretch the meat supply in anticipation of these circumstances. I would recommend that everyone buy more of it, even now. The prices will only keep increasing.

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look around. Meat isn't all that's going up. It's why I started buying canned beef and pulled pork a long time ago. I got it on it to stretch the meat supply in anticipation of these circumstances. I would recommend that everyone buy more of it, even now. The prices will only keep increasing.
Gasoline and beef are the worst from what I have seen on price increases. (Obviously ammo as well but most of that was caused by panic buying.) It is $3.39 per gallon now when I purchase gasoline.

My wife said she found a sale on beef of $3 per pound at a store. I am going to try to get 20 to 30 pounds of it if I can find any at that price and just freeze most of it.

·
Premium Member
35,833 Posts
Gasoline and beef are the worst from what I have seen on price increases. (Obviously ammo as well but most of that was caused by panic buying.) It is $3.39 per gallon now when I purchase gasoline.

My wife said she found a sale on beef of $3 per pound at a store. I am going to try to get 20 to 30 pounds of it if I can find any at that price and just freeze most of it.
Try WINCO for the meat. Use freezer paper plus ziplocks, or a vacuum pack if you have it.

Gas is $3.45-$3.75 up here in Washington, and it’s 110 freaking degrees, Portland hit 117. Going to the beach tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
21,299 Posts
$2.64 for gas. I can't remember where I talked to someone recently. Told me in WA they hadn't had propane in 3-4 months.

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
78 Posts
You in Florida?

Chicken, according to the owner of a local restaurant has gone up 45% since January.

Harlan County, KY. I was referring to Lee County VA.

Good thing chickens are easy to raise.

·
Premium Member
21,299 Posts
Harlan County, KY. I was referring to Lee County VA.

Good thing chickens are easy to raise.
When I was married man raising chickens I never had one as tender as a store bought.

·
Premium Member
21,299 Posts
Butchered them, dropped them in the pan. Like chewing rubber bands. The store chickens are hybrids that grow quick, and huge. If they live long enough they can be 25lbs and can't even walk.

Even if the chickens are grown "hormone free" they infuse them with crap to plump them and tenderize them.

·
Premium Member
21,299 Posts
Old rabbits is about the same, get 'em when they're young.
Bunnies are another source of "homegrown" I heard they breed like..................

Reactions: 1024Megabytes

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
Butchered them, dropped them in the pan. Like chewing rubber bands. The store chickens are hybrids that grow quick, and huge. If they live long enough they can be 25lbs and can't even walk.

Even if the chickens are grown "hormone free" they infuse them with crap to plump them and tenderize them.
My guess is you were eating laying hens that quit producing. Tough rubbery meat. Meat chickens are much better.

And they should be dressed when they are only 12 - 16 weeks old. Same as with rabbits.

·
Super Moderator
28,436 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts