Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 179.0 to much to pay for Hi point C9? There is a place close to my home that has 2 in stock.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Bought one for $159 three days ago

However, I've seen very few of them, and have seen them up to $214. They can charge whatever they want, and will probably get it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think I paid $169. Anything over $155 is above MSRP, but like you said... if you do not buy it some one else will for that price. Are you in a hurry or are you able to shop around a little? What it comes down to mainly is will you feel good once you have paid for it?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay. If you want one, snag it. It's a bit high but it may be worth getting if you really want one.

·
Registered
313 Posts
hrmm..I seen them at the Sharonville gun show a few weeks ago for 169.99 ..I think it is up to you on how much your willing to spend. Have you tried looking used? Swapgiant.com,thefiringline.com and even craigslist when they slip by for 30 seconds. I have bought from all three sites with great success. Heck even here, though hp's are like prized possessions here and need to be pried from owners cold dead fingers lol Me personally have not paid over 130 for a c9 though.

And just an example of how over priced some can be..I posted this the other day from a local shop near me..both are USED!

# HI-POINT COMPACT 9MM $199.95
# HI-POINT 45 WITH LASER $289.95

lol it is why this guy will never get my business

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all of your replies. I also feel as though that is a little high, this dealer is known to be on high side of everything. I am not in extreme need for C9 right now, but there is no one else around that can get there hands on this gun. I have wanted a C9 every since I purchased (my first High point) a 995 about a month and a half ago. My 995 has performed flawlessly right out of box, needless to say I was and am VERY impressed with High point. I have a SCCY CPX-1 that jams and mis fires without fail everytime you try to shoot it, so I reckon you could misconstrue that into it being very reliable. (ha-ha) I am looking at replacing the SCCY with a C9 after the SCCY comes back from its 2nd trip back to factory for repair. It is now going on 4 weeks and still no word on repair. I will not give the persons name, but when I purchased the SCCY the dealer tried to talk me into buying a C9 instead, and it was about $150.0 less than the SCCY, but I liked the looks of the SCCY better. But I have discovered a couple of things since then. 1. Beauty does not make for a good performing gun. 2. The overall satisfaction of customer base is much greater for the C9. 3. The customer service seems better for the C9. 4. Its cheaper with same warranty. 5. And oddly enough with all of these factors being considered, it beauty is much more appealing. Thanks for the input. If SCCY gives me a new gun I will get rid of it to purchase a C9, but if they don't I do not feel right about passing on a POS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts