Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D OK figured this was the best sub forum for this since it is a pistol and a carbine and not a range report.

Before you "where are the pics police" show up we are talking stock guns, yet to be fired, if they were pics from the Hi-Point site they would be no different. So just enjoy the reality here.

I went to the Ft. Worth Gun show yesterday to find some new Hi-Points and get some ammo etc. Walked in with 500 in cash here is what I found.

One very lightly used 995 with a bunch of accessories, 5 mags, the lazer/light clamp, muzzle break and some other stuff. It was either cleaned by a solider or never fired, my inspecting little finger (which my squad back in the Army days considered evil) found nothing of note in the chamber. Guy wanted 220 we settled on 200 which I know I could of gotten a truly "new" one for. Private sale though and no filling out a form so done and done, 200 even steven no tax. Besides I know HP will fix any problem EVER.

Now with 300 still burning a hole in my pocket the choice was clear. I own 40SW-B so did not need another (yet) I also own several 45s (of the 1911 variety) so why not a nice C-9 to go with the new 995. Looked a bit for a comp but none to be found so picked up a brand new C-9 for 149 add the tax and call it 165 out the door.

Not much 9MM ammo at the house so I took a walk to several of the ammo booths and found some 124 Grain factory reloads at 96 dollars including tax. Oh yea they included a free 30 Cal ammo can.

So out the door

Hi-Point Carbine 995 with Accessories - 200 dollars
Hi-Point C-9 165 dollars
500 Rounds of Ammo 96 dollars

Total from the Gun Fund - 461 dollars

But Jack you say what about the 39 bucks left over. Well to keep the spousel unit happy I picked up a good bottle of tequila and some Roses Lime juice on the way home. Today we will be floating in the pool and having a few margaritas with the change.

So the priceless part.....

Spending less the the cost of one of the so called "good guns" and getting a matching pair of a carbine and pistol in like caliber, 500 round of ammo, accessories and still having change to passify a wife with quality margaritas that justify your new purcheses, PRICELESS.

Now try that with a Glock! :twisted:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well what is there left to say. Sounds like you hard a great day for shopping, now I hope you get that lucky tonight. I'm sure she liked the roses. That always keeps them happy.

roger :clap:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not roses as in flowers, "Roses Lime Juice" - the secret to the best margaritas, roses and some fresh squeezed. None of that koolaid mixer stuff,

Yet flowers would have been a good idea too! I want to buy one of those Kel-Tec Folding jobs soon, so with a nice bouquet of flowers along with a bottle of wine, may be I can pull off that purchase too. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a HiPoint addict. Welcome to our support program.
There are five steps in this program.
Step 1: Buy a ton of ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more HiPoints.
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 repeatedly.
Step 4: Snicker at all Gun Snobs for paying way too much, when their backs are turned.
Step 5: Happily spread the addiction to as many people as humanly possible.

Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery. There is no recovery.
:drool: :drool: :drool:

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I was looking at the last gun show and said the same thing; $150 for a JHP, $150 for 500 rds of .45, $35 for a Fobus, tax, and out the door for less than $400. Hi Points are a great deal. And yes, we know what they look like, but that's not the point.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
you see he was sposed to save a few extra bucks and pick up a digi cam to take the pics but he saw so many good gun deals he forgot.....JK :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a range visit is in your future!! Congratz and have fun!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
you see he was sposed to save a few extra bucks and pick up a digi cam to take the pics but he saw so many good gun deals he forgot.....JK :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a range visit is in your future!! Congratz and have fun!!
You must give us a range report and pics of the incredible deal with toes. Thems the rules :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, yes indeed when I get to the range (perhaps next week) I will do that, at least then I can add some target pics.

Now I am off to mix another margarita, I think I about have the wife in the right state of mind to arrange some 9mm reloading dies and some bullets as a "needed" addition to the new stuff.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Take the drinks to the bedroom . Enough said . BTW good purchases.
+1 Stating to think like me there p7196

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
It pays to set a plan!! I act like a scrooge for weeks before I buy a gun, then I loosen up as I buy my gun and allow the little lady to splurge a little and I skate away with my new treasure and keep her happy at the same time. Although the last purchase cost me a $50 bill for a cell phone case because she wanted a Dune & Burke!!!! It stills bothers me that she could spend that kind of cash on a phone case, but the new 995 helps easy my nerves!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can't help it Leland, I think about that anytime you get a pretty lady drinkin margies.
Roblamont I agree with you 100%. Can't see it when others will do the same job at 1/16 the price. Can't help it I am a cheap arse from way back. If I can buy something that does the same job cheaper I will go that route.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We are the HI-POINT owners you have been assimilated resistance is futile .
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was about the best price I found at the show for 124 Grain stuff. There was some a bit cheaper but I was ready to leave and it wasn't worth the walk to the back for 7 bucks and no ammo can.

And hey Wolf is going for 189 a thousand at CheaperThanDirt.com and is sold out to boot.

On that borg stuff, I am so going to have my graphics guy photo shop a borg with HP gear. :wink:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well, Amigo...Sounds like you had a damn good Saturday:
go to a gun show ( that in itself will make MY day)
get a good deal on a quality firearm
And Still have cash for some fine quality alcoholic beverages
I'll drink to that!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts