Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this whole re-loading thing...and actually i dont plan on re-loading much at all because i dont shoot that much. But i do have some questions for you experts out there.

I just recently made a deal with the local NRA range out here in my hometown...they are going to allow me to go out to the range and pick up all the brass that is left laying around...which i went out last night and amidst all the snow and mud i was able to grab about 300+ rds in about 20 minutes...I plan on going about once a week when i go for my weekly shooting with the guys and just grabbing what i can. I then bring it home and clean it up a bit and divide it out into the respective calibers.

The real question is how much is brass going for? (Its all once fired obviously) If someone could help me out with some prices whether it be per casing or by the 100.

I went to the only guy in town who sells brass and he had prices like this:
9mm = .07 casing
.40 = .08 " "
.45 = .10 " "
7.62x39 = $10 per 60
.223 = .06 casing
.30-06 = .12 casing

those were the ones i found the majority of so i got those prices. He gives better prices for buying in bulk but i will prob just be selling by the 100 so i am looking for general pricing.

Thanks!

· Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info panoz! I dont plan on doing my own re-loads, i just want to sell the brass to people who do reload. From what i read there shouldnt be a problem with that.

Primal - I will have to check into selling it by the pound. I thought about selling it locally or maybe just going to the pawn shop and asking what he would give me for it. He does his own reloads and also sells brass so i might make enough their to cover my ammo prices for the occassional range trip.

· Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That will prob be what happens...i will put it up for sale and i will never get rid of it so i will hold onto it and have it when everyone is looking for it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.