Private Sale

Discussion in 'Hi-Points For Sale' started by cicpup, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Message to Mods:

I know this is out of the norm and maybe even against the rules. This is a private deal between two members. But I need someplace to post pics of the build and I thought it might also be interesting to others. If you choose to axe it I'll understand. Thanks.

Melvin. Let me know if you're in before I start ripping them apart.

Attached Files:

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Gray framed CF389 Comp, perchance?:confused:

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I am in, THANKS for your efforts!!!

4. cicpup

Vermont
    No problem. I'll do the transformation tomorrow. Think you could post a couple pics of your grey?

5. cicpup

Vermont
    Shhhh.. You're gonna roon it.

6. MachoMelvin

No problem, I'll run up & get it tomorrow. I just put a new firing pin, springs, & ejector on it a few weeks ago. runs & looks like new! I picked it up in that 4 gun GB auction last month when I got the 1st Nickel 380 with 2-40 JCP's.

7. cicpup

Vermont
    So here's the "How Do You Do (it)?" section that hopefully justifies this thread's existence.

Today? A HP barrel swap. Join us today as the lowly CF-380 Comp receives a circumcision.

First, strip it down including all parts that might go flying when you whack it with a hammer. Hard!
    Locate the LRHO pin and the small pin at the front of the trigger guard. Remove them. The LRHO pin might need a bit of persuasion.
    Separate the barrel from the frame. Probably will need some wiggling.
    Insert replacement barrel into frame and reinstall the two pins. Now this is important. The LRHO pin needs to be driven in enough so it doesn't rub the slide yet left out enough so the LRHO moves freely.
    Now I hope you remember how to put it back together. If not than you probably shouldn't have started this silly project in the first place.

Attached Files:

8. Should change the thread title to.

"making of a Unicorn: a Macho-Cicpup production"

9. cicpup

Vermont
    Did someone ask for a Mythological Creature?

Attached Files:

10. cicpup

Vermont
    So Mel,
    This was the first time I tore into the grey. It was filthy (not any more) and it's all original. Might want to hit MoM up for a new FP & springs. The other one has newer parts. I'll keep my grey's mag and you keep yours. That much less to worry about.

You said you updated yours. If you still have the original parts can you send them along too? Thanks.

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Glad you showed the tear down...I never bothered to even look at how the barrel was attached, I always assumed the pin went through a notch in the barrel itself, but this system is FAR better in terms of not having to worry about a loose barrel and accuracy.

12. Pretty good looking unicorn, do the spent shells smoke look like rainbows?

13. JH45

JH45 Member

smells like Rainbows and Cupcakes.

14. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

I like it
    I am gonna do it also
    I will post picks
    Frank

15. MachoMelvin

I have seen several of these around the internet, But MoM say's she never made any? I had heard that before on several other models, just to find out later they made a short run back in the 90's that everybody forgot about.

16. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for posting this. Since I'm a fake mod I give it my seal of approval and thumbs up. I'm sure a mod would have at a minimum PMd you to tell you if it was against the rules. A LOT of people seem to like this thread!

Now they may have to move it to the dark rooms since you're dealing with religious issues, circumcising the weapon & all. =P

Seriously looks like a great gun!

17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

:eek: Don't you DARE!!! :mad:

;)

18. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

Hey Macho
    Do you have a Grey frame -- Smooth slide 380 ??
    I looked at my Grey frame and it has a smooth slide on it
    Can that Be???

19. MachoMelvin

I will check when I get home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.