Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But not without some work mind you. I took some horrible pictures of it with my camera phone and I will now attempt to post pictures.

This is the Mag Spacer that I modified. The notch I cut into the front of the mag spacer may have been unneccesary. The big one in back may be the only notch you need.

This is the Mag Seated snuggly into the mag well, locked in.

This is the Mag hanging out just an inch...I thought it was important to show this.

This is a Pick of the 995 in ATI with the mag seated all the way, locked in.

Notice the huge notch I cut out with a bevel leading up to the top edge? Thats about the most critical part you will need to get right. I also had to remove a minimal amount from the top edge to get it to seat just right without huge gaps everywhere. I used something not entirely unlike a dremel tool to do this. I also had to bend the ears of the one of the mags and keep testing until I could get them to feed all 15 rounds flawlessly. One of the mags did not need the ears adjusted.

I bought the 995 and the mags at the Ft. Myers gun show today. (Then I read some reviews about Pro Mag's 15 rnd'ers for the 995....Oh no!!) I feel pretty confidant that the weapons ability to cycle the rounds throught by hand is a good indication of how well it will do at the range. I'm going to the range tomorrow to see how my handywork pans out. Wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Good luck! Let us know what happens :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fired 150 rounds of Remington UMC 115 gr. with so so Performance. The typical "Nose Dive" everyone talks about when the mags are full. At about 6-7 rounds they function almost flawlessly. The same goes for the factory mag. But with 6 rounds loaded it's at over 50% capacity. So it's a little better right off the bat.

Will leave em loaded for a week to see if they improve. Same goes for the factory mag. This was not a dissapointing trip to the range by any means though. Even restricted to 6 rounds per mag I was still quit happy with the weapons accuracy @ 50 meters. 5 inch group was the best of the day with the factory sights. Thats actually pretty good for me.

The fella next to me had either the 995 or the 4095 in the ATI stock and we chatted a bit. He uses the Pro Mags without the spacer. Says he never has any problems with em...just left em loaded a couple weeks and was good. I would be too worried about accidentally driving the mag too far in and bending the fireing pin on the chance that i had the bolt locked back.

Thats it for now. Gonna do some research on possible optics for it.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Great to hear that you had some positive experiences. Please make sure to let us hear about the next trip after letting the mags sit for a bit :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
try a speed loader on the promags when you go to the range. i know neo had some problems with the stock mags for his 995 and used a speed loader problem solved.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been using a speed loader from the get-go. One thing I've noticed is that tapping the mags to settle the rounds actually seems to cause more problems. If I just load em and go I seem to have no trouble out of the stock 10 rnd mags. (I've about given up on the pro-mags)
I didn't try to get scientific and keep notes or anything. But I sense that tapping the mags like you would with the M16 is a no no. All my mags are still loaded since last weekend. I think I will hit the range again if I get time this weekend. I may even break down and get a dremel tool with the polishing tip, which I haven't done yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts