Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or maybe an entire barrel of bad apples

this is why i cringe when i hear people say, "Most cops are generally good guys just trying to do their job" and its also exactly why i believe that in general, cops are bullies who wear a badge

please, if you are a LEO, don't take it personal when people talk badly about cops, because afterall, citizens aren't supposed to take it personally when cops mistreat them.

the nice touch at the end was when the one cop awards another cop with a piece of clothing from one of the "Cockroaches" (protesters)

·
Registered
708 Posts
While we're on the subject... http://officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/Arkansas-Officer-Allegedly-Shoots-Assistant-Fire-Chief--Fellow-Officer-Inside-Courtroom/1$48180 Some people deserve the "bad apple" label

Officer.com News

A Jericho, Ark. police officer allegedly shot the towns assistant fire chief in the back and a fellow officer in the hand during a dispute at a city courthouse last Thursday, according to WHBQ-TV.

The incident occurred around 8 p.m. on Aug. 27 when Assistant Fire Chief Don Payne began arguing with police after his son had a traffic ticket dismissed.

Even though Payne was unarmed, one of the officers pulled out a gun and hit him in the back and a fellow officer in the finger, according to the report.

The assistant chief was transported to the Regional Medical Center at Memphis and was listed in good condition and the officer who was shot was OK, according to the station.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Alright, I just want to point out that the tape you see is edited, we don't know what has happened in the unedited parts of the tape.

I understand she didn't really pose a threat, but maybe the crowd was ordered back, and she refused, and tried to incite a riot, and get the crowd riled up. So, not a threat in and of herself, but she could make a pretty large threat, so they shot her early on to stop it.

Like I said, we have no idea what happened during the unedited parts of the tape, we can't judge.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While we're on the subject... http://officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/Arkansas-Officer-Allegedly-Shoots-Assistant-Fire-Chief--Fellow-Officer-Inside-Courtroom/1$48180 Some people deserve the "bad apple" label

Officer.com News

A Jericho, Ark. police officer allegedly shot the towns assistant fire chief in the back and a fellow officer in the hand during a dispute at a city courthouse last Thursday, according to WHBQ-TV.

The incident occurred around 8 p.m. on Aug. 27 when Assistant Fire Chief Don Payne began arguing with police after his son had a traffic ticket dismissed.

Even though Payne was unarmed, one of the officers pulled out a gun and hit him in the back and a fellow officer in the finger, according to the report.

The assistant chief was transported to the Regional Medical Center at Memphis and was listed in good condition and the officer who was shot was OK, according to the station.
now that i would be willing to mark up as a mental breakdown. which unfortunately could happen to anyone. although the details are limited

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, I just want to point out that the tape you see is edited, we don't know what has happened in the unedited parts of the tape.

I understand she didn't really pose a threat, but maybe the crowd was ordered back, and she refused, and tried to incite a riot, and get the crowd riled up. So, not a threat in and of herself, but she could make a pretty large threat, so they shot her early on to stop it.

Like I said, we have no idea what happened during the unedited parts of the tape, we can't judge.
i will go ahead and judge. cops laughing about shooting an unarmed person in the face with a rubber pellet. this should be a duty that they loathe to perform, not one they seem to relish

but what is one more cockroach with a pellet in the face?? i mean, they are just american's resisting what they see as oppression. god forbid anyone around this forum be guilty of such a crime

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
I see it this way, LEOs put their lives at risk every damn day for us, if something like this happens, its either freak out and stress even more over it, not good for someone who is under as much pressure everyday as LEOs are, or laugh about it and relieve some stress.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see it this way, LEOs put their lives at risk every damn day for us, if something like this happens, its either freak out and stress even more over it, not good for someone who is under as much pressure everyday as LEOs are, or laugh about it and relieve some stress.
what if that person who got shot in the face was your mom, or your sister, or even you whilst you were protesting injustice? would you still feel the same way?

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
what if that person who got shot in the face was your mom, or your sister, or even you whilst you were protesting injustice? would you still feel the same way?
Exactly! If someone really was posing a threat, fine, take them down. It's obvious the rubber bullets weren't doing much to her other than causing her discomfort. It looks like they were doing it more for fun than anything, especially the way they laughed about it afterwards. I don't want to have to attend protests wearing welding helmets and paintball gear to prevent being wounded by some jerkoff with a hard-on for shooting people.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly! If someone really was posing a threat, fine, take them down. It's obvious the rubber bullets weren't doing much to her other than causing her discomfort. It looks like they were doing it more for fun than anything, especially the way they laughed about it afterwards. I don't want to have to attend protests wearing welding helmets and paintball gear to prevent being wounded by some jerkoff with a hard-on for shooting people.
and even if they weren't just having fun and there really was a legitimate police action being performed, their general attitude about it after the fact, when their CO was talking about it and laughing, thats the part that gets me.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Like I said, we didn't see what happened off camera.

Do I condone the laughing and what not? No, not really, but once again, we don't see the whole tape or hear the whole story. So we can't even try to put ourselves in their position to consider what we would of done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.