Problem with mags?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by gunlover, Jan 16, 2016.

1. gunlover

gunlover Member

About 2 weeks ago I bought a couple 995s, one brand new, one used. They have both been to the range and performed great with the one mag that came with the gun. I ordered the two mag and mag holder from mom. Noticed I put in a full mag and when it finally catches (usually have to slam it in there) the first round nosedives. Try to eject the mag and it's stuck. Have to physically pry the mag out and that round falls out too. No problems at the range and I'm assuming that's because when you pull the bolt back and chamber a round it is fine. Anyone with this problem? What did you do to fix it?

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I hate to ask, bu are you sure you got mags for the 995?

If so, then the first thing is to fix the fir issue. You shouldn't have to slam the mag in. Maybe flashing or a poor molding in the baseplate "bumper."

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

3. gunlover

gunlover Member

Yes, I'm sure I got the right mags. I may either get some of the long shot bumpers or add something to the bottom of the mags myself to make them more flush

4. gunlover

gunlover Member

Added some felt bumpers to the bottom of the mags. Helps a lot. Also realized one of my mags was too tight, needed to be broken in. Took a paint stirrer and compressed the mag many times. Works like the others now. Here are a few pics of the bumpers. ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1453156571.637782.jpg
    Side view
    ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1453156582.240262.jpg
    From top
    ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1453156591.496270.jpg
    Mag installed

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Way to go!

Doesn't the felt pick up grunge?:confused:

6. gunlover

gunlover Member

I'll let you know after I go to the range tomorrow

7. gunlover

gunlover Member

No grunge from the range today. They worked great!