Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this and I'm having a problem.

The problem is that i can't get the operating handle to lock the bolt open!

The instructions are very clear and specific, but when I pull the operating handle back and push the roller into the shroud, it won't catch.

Can someone help?

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,882 Posts
I just purchased this and I'm having a problem.

The problem is that i can't get the operating handle to lock the bolt open!

The instructions are very clear and specific, but when I pull the operating handle back and push the roller into the shroud, it won't catch.

Can someone help?
You might have the charging handle backwards on the bolt.

·
Administrator
24,797 Posts
You might have the charging handle backwards on the bolt.
Seriously, I would love to see a double trigger, like on a paintball gun, for the charging handle. Put a spring loaded pivot in the middle so you can pull it with two fingers. More pressure on the outside "trigger" and it locks back. More pressure on the inside trigger and the springs keep the handle from pivoting back and locking in place. 2" long versus the 1.5" handle that's already on it, plus you can still charge it underhand or overhand.

Hell, put a thumb tab on the back to guarantee a positive lock when you're pulling it back to lock it open.

Reactions: moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,882 Posts
Seriously, I would love to see a double trigger, like on a paintball gun, for the charging handle. Put a spring loaded pivot in the middle so you can pull it with two fingers. More pressure on the outside "trigger" and it locks back. More pressure on the inside trigger and the springs keep the Hansford from pivoting back and locking in place. 2" long versus the 1.5" handle that's already on it, plus you can still charge it underhand or overhand.

Hell, put a thumb tab on the back to guarantee a positive lock when your pulling it back to lock it open.
I remember the 1st time locking it back thinking this is shit. Then the paint scratches off and it irritated me more. Then it just worked

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Reactions: SWAGA and Dagwood

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Man, if I had a nickel for everytime this comes up I'd have.. like.. a buck and a half. Haha!

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
I put mine on the right side of the receiver. I did it in front of the FFL.

Don't hand cycle live ammo! The firing pin is part of the ejection process! Welcome to the site.

Reactions: Dagwood

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Your pictures MUST be included in the instruction paper that comes with the gun!

I DID have the roller on backwards!!

Thank you so much for your responses!! I look forward to posting again after I take my first shots with it.
If by chance the charge bolt keeps loosening, just unscrew and clean off any oil from the threads on charge handle screw and inside the bolt screw hole and apply some (blue) Loctite. Strong enough to hold, but not enough that one can't remove, but will take a bit of extra umph.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts