Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the JHP took it home, field stripped it lubed it. Tried to put it back together. All the small parts came out and I don't know where they go. User manual says nothing about this. I am supposed fall asleep and have an angel appear with a diagram on how to reassemble this gun in a dream?

Also I'm not a handy man / tech guy so I think I'm going to sell this....I really wanted to like this thing....It was getting good reviews too.

Furthermore I think I hammered the reassembly pin in the wrong way because not it's jammed into the hole. Gun is on its way back to the mothership for repair.

Where do you take your hi-point...? to see the other hi point....it's like a family reunion....maybe the hi points will have a good time seeing each other....maybe the high point are white trash and they will feud and start firing at each other while the factory is all locked up at night

·
Banned
840 Posts
I bought the JHP took it home, field stripped it lubed it. Tried to put it back together. All the small parts came out and I don't know where they go. User manual says nothing about this. I am supposed fall asleep and have an angel appear with a diagram on how to reassemble this gun in a dream?

Also I'm not a handy man / tech guy so I think I'm going to sell this....I really wanted to like this thing....It was getting good reviews too.

Furthermore I think I hammered the reassembly pin in the wrong way because not it's jammed into the hole. Gun is on its way back to the mothership for repair.

Where do you take your hi-point...? to see the other hi point....it's like a family reunion....maybe the hi points will have a good time seeing each other....maybe the high point are white trash and they will feud and start firing at each other while the factory is all locked up at night
Send it back to hp. Get a free mag. Furthermore... manual says the recommend NOT to strip it ;) no need for it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uh really don't strip it? uh what if you shoot like 2,000 rounds through it? just let all that crap build up?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I watched this when I first field stripped my .45 and polished the feed ramp,then I took it out and fired a 128 rounds through it a few days later.One Jam out of those 128 rounds,it was a hollow point and it happened when the other guy shot it.

·
Banned
840 Posts
uh really don't strip it? uh what if you shoot like 2,000 rounds through it? just let all that crap build up?
2000 rounds, ya. Anything else, nope. And why bother? If it breaks its free replacement :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i can't pay shipping everytime the gun get too dirty......i like to keep a clean gun...i need to figure out where all these damn parts go

·
Banned
840 Posts
Send it back one time. Get it back good. Dont tamper with it. After that if u feel the need just take off the slide. Thats all the care ur hp needs. The only love it needs is to be shot. Or sell it cheap and someone else will benefit. Just trying to help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i did take off the slide and the damn parts fell out of it....i didn't try to strip the slide on purpose...all the **** just fell out...kinda like diarrhea

·
Banned
840 Posts
Lol. Ok. Still. Just send it in. Ull probably get a free mag and all is well..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
uh that's an owners manual.....that tells me nothing...i don't know how to read schematics i need to attend some sort of hi point slide seminar

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
uh that's an owners manual.....that tells me nothing...i don't know how to read schematics i need to attend some sort of hi point slide seminar
Maybe you should reconsider owning a gun, as being able to disassemble and reassemble a gun is important to proper use and function of a gun......

·
Premium Member
8,265 Posts
thesurety, please don't take offense this is not intended for you.

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!! Some people really are that machine stupid. "Buy a gun and NEVER maintain it. Ya baby that's the ticket. When it breaks just send it in for repairs." I'm sure the bear will delay his attack until MOM returns your seriously abused firearm. You know just to give you a sporting chance.

thesurety,
Ya bud the HP is not the best first gun IMO. It's finiky, a little odd in operation, lacking in a striker safety, and a bit difficult to maintain. However it can be a terrific trainer for gun maintenance because it is a bit difficult to maintain and if you screw it up HP will fix it for you for the cost of shipping. So when you get it back tear it apart again! This time go very slow, and do it on the floor with a large light colored quilt layed out (to catch all the pieces;)). And before you put it back together go to youtube and then come here and ask all the questions you need to. Seriously if you can't clean your own gun it will sooner or later be worthless except as a hammer, and the bear wont care that some internet guy said you never have to clean your gun cause mom will do it for you.:confused:

By the way: The main reason the original M16 failed in combat was because it never needed to be cleaned. Ya I know all about the powder issues, but there is no such thing as a machine, any machine, that never needs maintenance.

Imagine this: An airliner...that never needs maintenance. Would you put your kids on on it?

·
Polymer Extrusionist
2,383 Posts
SFurthermore... manual says the recommend NOT to strip it ;) no need for it
I don't really agree with that, I clean mine every chance I get, complete break-down. I could reassemble it blindfolded I am sure. Hey that's gonna be my next YouTube video, reassembly of Hi Point Blindfolded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just stripped my 45 for the 1st time last night, the parts that probably fell out are (referencing the owners manual or pic posted above), 5,6,7,8,10,11,12,15,32. These are the exact ones I had issues with, but it went back together easily and function checked. There is a pretty good guide stickied on the first page of the pistol forum on this site. 5-8 fell out of the slide, and 11 got loose when I was putting the slide back on. Take a look at the guide on this site before sending it in, the manual is ok, but actual pics help =) Pretty easy once you do it, reminds me of an old spyder stacked tube pball gun (The sear/striker part anyway) =D. I really wish they recessed the slide where the recoil spring goes, that was a pain to line up and get the barrel through, I had it launch a few times hehe.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Thesurety:

You can do this, even if you are not mechanically inclined. You managed to disassemble it and putting back together is not that difficult. The first time yes, it will be a PITA after that you will never forget.

Here's my advice:

First, stay calm and don't worry. There are a relatively small number of parts and as long as you did not lose anything you'll be good to go.

Second: Youtube is your friend. There are a ton of videos showing how to disassemble a Hi-Point. Don't worry if the gun in the video is not the same caliber as yours, the are all basically the same thing.

Third: take the loose parts and compare then to the diagram in you owners manual. This will help you learn the names of the parts.

Forth go back and watch the Youtube videos again. The second (and third and forth) time around it will make more and more sense.

Lastly, here is a detailed step by step guide for a complete disassembly. Just ignore the parts of the guide that discuss thing that you did not take apart.

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246460

As Red Green would say: "Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this thing together."

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
I actually had the same thing happen to me the first time i pulled apart my CF380, followed the instructions to remove the slide and while it was off i dropped the frame, and a bunch of little peices came rolling out. And i thought no big deal just pop this grip off and it will all be layed out easily, i was wrong but with the help of this forum i did indeed get it back together and functioning, how ever im still sending it back in to MOM since the LRHO seems to be a little sketchy sometimes it holds some times it dosnt, and..... I want a free mag :) anyway, if you stick it out with your HP you will probably love it and this forum will help you get it threw anyhting.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts