Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've already had 300 rounds through my JCP and it's been great so far. Then I took it out today and only shot 50 rounds through it. It was blazer brass which I've had great results with but today it was jam crazy. It was all failure to feed issues. The one thing that was different that I noticed right away was that there was A LOT of play in the magazine and magazine well. When the mag was full in the gun it was really loose and moving all over the place. It wasn't like this before so now I'm confused. But every time the gun would try to chamber a round the mag sat too low and moved around so I was getting all nose up jams. So what's going on? Because I don't really know.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I wonder if your mag release spring came out of place... as this has happend to me before. Also I have put electrical tape just above the base of my mag... this tightend it up so that there is no play in the mag.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I just took it apart to make sure the spring didn't come out. It seemed like maybe my grip on that side wasn't tight enough as well so the mag catch wasn't working right. So it's a little better now but there is still some play in there. I may try the tape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts