Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It is a tasco 1x40mm red/green dot scope. I swear i didnt drop it or anything. it worked fine, now the red dot works, but some of the settings are one off, and the green dot does not work at all unless you hold the top nob down. Anyone have one of those tascos?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a Tasco ProPoint red/ green on my 995 and love it. Cost was around $80.00. At 100 yds I can switch from red to green with no variance. I have not adjusted it once since I sighted it in, probably 1,ooo rounds ago. Maybe Tasco will give you credit on yours and you can upgrade. Good luck.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Funny, I was just getting ready to post something about this. Pays to check first, I guess! This is actually the second one of these I've had on my 995TS. On the first, I noticed the switch seemed a bit loose before I mounted it, but I went ahead and took it to the range after a quick bore-sighting. About 15 shots in, the green dot vanished, the switch got really loose. Like yours, if I pressed down on the switch, it would work. Red dot worked fine, held zero fine. Since I bought it at walmart, I promptly brought it back and exchanged it for another. I really wanted it to work, I like the bigger tube and green dot better than the Barska I already had.
Well, after getting it home, mounting and bore-sighting it, I noticed the switch got looser the more I turned it on & off. Soon, it had the same problem as the first, without a single round fired. Seems the switch just works loose internally, wish there was a way to take it apart and tighten it. Oh well, it's going back to walmart, this time I'll take the cash. At least I know the Barska works...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just want to add in a note on an earlier post that said the cheaper Tasco Red Dot was for air rifles.

If you mean air rifle as in Daisy Red Ryder, maybe so. But of you mean a .177 or .22 cal, 1000fps spring gun, the cheap Tasco is surely *not* for that class of air guns. I have a little experience with spring guns. That kind of gun will destroy a rifle scope that can easily withstand the recoil of a 30-06. The strong spring recoil produces a "whiplash" effect that will quickly damage most rifle scopes of conventional design. Check out the Pyramid Air web site for air rifle sights. (No affiliation, just a satisfied customer) If Pyramid rates a sight as acceptable for spring gun application, it will handle firearm use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts