Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Ruko Armscor M14-D .22. My parents bought me this gun back in 1992. I decided to take it out of the safe and give it the star treatment.

Before:

After:

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I like it, bud--the lighter finish definitely shows off the checkering a lot better. My only concern would be water retention and dirt-resistance without a clear coat of some sort. But like you said...if it's just a fun-gun, you should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Very nice! An oil finish will make it look superb. What scope did you put on the rifle?

Ron M.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Some guns wear light woods better than others and in my opinion you did a great job. Just make sure she gets a couple coats of clear sealer to protect that nice light wood.

Oh yeah... What scope is she wearing?

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
A boiled linseed oil finish will protect it alot better than a tung oil finish and still retain the lightness of the wood. You would not be sorry applying a handrubbed BLO finish. It's about the easiest thing you can do to a stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.