Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
Im CTRLPew the guy who designed the 3D printable C9/C380 frame. I would have posted here sooner but i didn't know this forum existed before another printing enthusiast told me about it.

Anywho. The frame will be released on 11/22. Files will be uploaded to https://spee.ch/@Deterrence-Dispensed:2.

Features -
All factory safeties have been removed to preserve the strength of the frame.
Integrated accessory rail
Optics/RMR compatible rear sight block.
Custom colors :D

Future releases
Glock 43 mag compatibility
Glock 19 mag compatibility
As many printable parts as possible

Future hipoint based projects
40/45
Did you guys see that ar15 that was going around as a joke? Immagonnamakeit. For funzies.

Cheers. Happy printing.

@CTRLPew everywhere
ctrlpew.com

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Hi folks
Im CTRLPew the guy who designed the 3D printable C9/C380 frame.
CTRLPew, Really cool. How does a totally complete newb -someone with zero experience whatsoever with 3D printing (meaning me)- get 'er done? I'd like to give it a whirl.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CTRLPew, Really cool. How does a totally complete newb -someone with zero experience whatsoever with 3D printing (meaning me)- get 'er done? I'd like to give it a whirl.
Not to pimp my own site but heres a good first steps in 3d printing guide https://www.ctrlpew.com/post/what-printer-should-i-buy

Once youve gotten the printer youll need a parts kit. Check gunbroker or everygunpart.com.

And then youll need the STL file from the spee.ch archive.

Check the readme for print settings and enjoy.

G

·
That is just awesome.
But maybe you could consider creating a version that retains the manual safety?
For those who carry their Problem Solvers cocked & locked.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
You wouldn’t want to carry a printed cocked and locked.
The safety on the HP is a joke as is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is just awesome.
But maybe you could consider creating a version that retains the manual safety?
For those who carry their Problem Solvers cocked & locked.
I considered this but the OEM safeties are pretty junk IMO,NFI. And at the end of the day its a 3D printed hipoint. If life has put you in a circumstance where this is the tool youre grabbing things have gone a long way down hill.

Sarcasm and memes aside any printable material will deform under heat and stress before the OEM frame material. So in an effort to increase the strength of the frame these features were removed. Frame strength == parts in the right place == go bang when you want it to.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Kirk's gonna read post #3 and ask for an article -mebbe even a series of them.

Reactions: Twisty and lklawson

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Kirk's gonna read post #3 and ask for an article -mebbe even a series of them.
You're not wrong, you know. An article, or even a series of articles, would be both the Cat's Pajamas, the Bee's Knees, and even The Cat's Meow. :D

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're not wrong, you know. An article, or even a series of articles, would be both the Cat's Pajamas, the Bee's Knees, and even The Cat's Meow. :D

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Kommando blog and TFB have already contacted me about articles. Plagiarize theirs :D

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Kommando blog and TFB have already contacted me about articles. Plagiarize theirs :D
We're way cooler. :D

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
There's an idea. We could do sort of a Q&A Interview article.

I'll come up with some and PM them to you.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Cricky

G

·
I considered this but the OEM safeties are pretty junk IMO,NFI. And at the end of the day its a 3D printed hipoint. If life has put you in a circumstance where this is the tool youre grabbing things have gone a long way down hill.

Sarcasm and memes aside any printable material will deform under heat and stress before the OEM frame material. So in an effort to increase the strength of the frame these features were removed. Frame strength == parts in the right place == go bang when you want it to.
Gotcha, thanks for explaining.
I see you designed a top rail that looks like it replaces the rear sight?

THAT I am interested in. It could be lucrative for someone to make and sell those. I would easily buy 3 if priced reasonably.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gotcha, thanks for explaining.
I see you designed a top rail that looks like it replaces the rear sight?

THAT I am interested in. It could be lucrative for someone to make and sell those. I would easily buy 3 if priced reasonably.
Well the files are comitted to the internets for free (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) so youre welcome to print some for yourself or an actual friend. If you just want a couple name your reasonable price and ill print them for ya.
If anyone wants a commercial license id be happy to discuss it. DM me. I have no real interest in mass production personally.

G

·
Well the files are comitted to the internets for free (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) so youre welcome to print some for yourself or an actual friend. If you just want a couple name your reasonable price and ill print them for ya.
If anyone wants a commercial license id be happy to discuss it. DM me. I have no real interest in mass production personally.
Thanks CTRLPew, DM sent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts