projects from paracord.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SURVIVALBUD, Oct 24, 2015.

1. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont

2. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Is that one of our illustrious dem government officials?

3. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Whoever wrote that article won't survive long spending all his time on doing that kind of stuff. Oh well.:rolleyes:

4. cicpup

Vermont
    Oh I don't know. I would just die without my Paracord iPhone Case.

They're cheating. The belt, bracelet and dog collar are the same item in different lengths.

I do like the key chain with secret compartment for all your cocaine needs.

[​IMG]

5. OldOutlaw

I guess ya could use it as fishing line for whales though. I just don't see whales or Walrus in the Mississippi river here. But, if you light that stuff with a match, bet all those items would make a nice fire starter fuel.

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  7. Kiln

Kiln Member

Well I looked over the article and I think he should just stop making excuses from a survival standpoint and just take a crochet class.

8. cicpup

Vermont
    I'm waiting for all these paracord geniuses to admit it's just macrame.

9. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Gee, everybody needs a double monkey fist bookmark.... :rolleyes:

10. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

Should be titled "Things To Do With Your Paracord Stash While You're Waiting For SHTF".

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

If you want to be arrested.

Oh, and his pool ball "Monkey Fist" is wrong. The Monkey Fist is just the knot and ONLY the knot. The item is called a "Slungshot" and it is neither "super easy to conceal" nor legal to carry. And I use 10 oz. cannonball sinkers for mine which makes it 1/8th the size and actually concealable. Seriously, who's going to stick a pool ball in their pocket?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Yeah, I have one that sounds about the size of years. I don't wanna' carry a cue ball in my pocket!

13. hombre243

hombre243 hombre Member

Iowa
    I tried a paracord project. Bought a lot of cord and said to myself...this will be fun. It was ok. I made a rifle sling. It took hours. Nice, wide, would have been a fine sling but it is not adjustable. It wore a hole in my shirt and scraped my shoulder raw. Not worth a crap as a rifle sling. I am spoiled by the Talon and the Brownells Latigo adjustable slings.

Now I have a lot of cord and no idea how to use it up, so I will just carry a ball of the stuff in my hunting bag...just in case.

14. OldOutlaw

Should work well for dragging a heavy squirrel or rabbit out of the brush. Better yet! Dragging a pheasant out of the standing corn or the CRP grasses. :D

15. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

If you know what to do with it. It's a life saver ;-) or taker :O

16. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Could use it as a start of a hammock... just add onto it!

17. hombre243

hombre243 hombre Member

Iowa
    I was kinda thinkin I could tie up a tarp or my camo blanket and make a tent, and take a snooze. I do use it to tie the camo blanket (heavy netting) between a couple trees or bushes and use that for my ground blind. I sit in big deadfalls, or cut down trees. Having a camo cover keeps me hid.

18. OldOutlaw

Ahhh, dunno. Wasn't that you down along the Wapsi I saw stick your head up above it? You looked like a bright flashlight beam with your face. :rofl:

19. hombre243

hombre243 hombre Member

Iowa
    Nope, I wasn't hunting along the Wapsi that time. I was sitting on the other side of your brushpile makin sure no booger men woke YOU up.