Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Mebbe. IIRC somebody on this forum sent just their magazines in to Mom and got new ones in return.
That will be verified one way or the other with a phone call. :)

Reactions: vboy36

·
Registered
149 Posts
All I can say is that if I had tried this 15 rd Promag earlier in my 995 experience, I would not have bought a Ruger PC 9mm. This 995 is shooting everything the Promag feeds it. No misfeeds on the Federal fmj 115gr, or on the winchester fmj 115gr. Had two misfeeds on the Remington jhp 115gr but pushed up on the mag and it fired all remaining. Did that again and fired all 15 jhp's no misfeeds. Then pushed up on the mag for the 1st two rounds and let go and it fired the remaining. It even fired the Federal 124gr JHP HST. The front site fell off at the very beginning of the range time but I just put on the fieldsport micro dot and kept shooting, very accurate. I wont be sending the gun into MOM. If they don't want to switch out the mags, that's fine. I do not need two 9mm carbines and I am not selling the Ruger. What to do what to do. My 4095 should be here in a week or two. (-:

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
I've been telling myself I don't need 4 HP 9mm carbines, then I have my Sub2000, and my 2 PSA's........... hmmmmmmm........... :(:rolleyes::D

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
vboy here is a toy for your Ruger

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
I've been telling myself I don't need 4 HP 9mm carbines....
You don't need 4...but you might need 8 or 9. Gotta have the classic in black, chrome, and camo, plus the ATI version. Then the TS in black and the various colored camo types, then a few that you just paint up for fun...

Reactions: adam01364

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
I
You don't need 4...but you might need 8 or 9. Gotta have the classic in black, chrome, and camo, plus the ATI version. Then the TS in black and the various colored camo types, then a few that you just paint up for fun...
I have a camo home painted one I bought that was already that way. I picked up a woodland camo model. I would like a WC in 40,45 too. Reduction is slowly happening. I have no more room in the safe. I won't be getting another safe until my house gets built.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
All I can say is that if I had tried this 15 rd Promag earlier in my 995 experience, I would not have bought a Ruger PC 9mm. This 995 is shooting everything the Promag feeds it. No misfeeds on the Federal fmj 115gr, or on the winchester fmj 115gr. Had two misfeeds on the Remington jhp 115gr but pushed up on the mag and it fired all remaining. Did that again and fired all 15 jhp's no misfeeds. Then pushed up on the mag for the 1st two rounds and let go and it fired the remaining. It even fired the Federal 124gr JHP HST. The front site fell off at the very beginning of the range time but I just put on the fieldsport micro dot and kept shooting, very accurate. I wont be sending the gun into MOM. If they don't want to switch out the mags, that's fine. I do not need two 9mm carbines and I am not selling the Ruger. What to do what to do. My 4095 should be here in a week or two. (-:
I would bet HP will switch out your mags for you.
They've sent me springs and base plates just for the asking. Depends on how you ask them, make it quick, to the point and don't waste their time with trying to diagnose.
Just ask for the parts.
Time is more costly to HP then the parts.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
As of 4/11/2018 Hipoint Firearms still says that PROMAGS void their warranty. View attachment 45023
Yet nobody has EVER reported they DAMAGED their 995. And in 2015 at NRA2015 the rep in the suit and tie said "no." If you had the old style PM they would damage the ramp. They don't make that model anymore. Not in many years. The old ones are floating around. I have 15's. Will I buy more? No. Any damage? None. They are on and off in dependability. The RedBall has out classed them.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
Yet nobody has EVER reported they DAMAGED their 995. And in 2015 at NRA2015 the rep in the suit and tie said "no." If you had the old style PM they would damage the ramp. They don't make that model anymore. Not in many years. The old ones are floating around. I have 15's. Will I buy more? No. Any damage? None. They are on and off in dependability. The RedBall has out classed them.
Nobody you know of. I asked the company and posted their reapply, From their facebook page, If you want to continue to complain about it talk to them.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Nobody you know of. Board members I asked the company and posted their reapply, From their facebook page, If you want to continue to complain about it talk to them.
I did ask about the old vs new 995 mags last night. No answer so far.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,930 Posts
Seriously, dude. Just freaking stop already. There's YOUR opinion, and what the manufacturer has repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Damage caused by ProMags void the warranty. End of conversation. Whether or not they do doesn't matter. If it happens, it voids the warranty. Done. Move on already.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
You have their answer.
Seriously, dude. Just freaking stop already. There's YOUR opinion, and what the manufacturer has repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Damage caused by ProMags void the warranty. End of conversation. Whether or not they do doesn't matter. If it happens, it voids the warranty. Done. Move on already.
I will take your advise into consideration. If they don't damage the ramp, they don't damage the ramp so it is a non sequitur.

·
Super Moderator
25,930 Posts
I will take your advise into consideration. If they don't damage the ramp, they don't damage the ramp so it is a non sequitur.
It does follow because they have damaged the 995, so the warranty was altered to reflect that. Just because you want to be a stubborn jackass and tell people to take actions that may in fact still void the warranty is what doesn't follow. We've had members state that the techs have asked them about ProMag use on 995's sent in for warranty work, so it follows that they are still holding to the fact that the ProMag has, and may still cause damage to the 995.

We have you, some random ass dude on the internet who hasn't damaged his own firearm with a promag, versus the opinion of the manufacturer who has no doubt handled 10,000 times more 995's than you could ever dream of. You're argument puts you in the same boat as backbencher's political statement.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
Just go a response in FB messenger from last week. So this is the second time they have told me that Promags still void their warranty.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think it boils down to two things:
-MOM says it voids the warranty, and this is coming from a company that goes out of their way to stand behind everything with their name on it.

-And there's a better option out there for hicap mags. It's your gun, do what you want.

As many Promags as I've thrown in the trash over the years, I will say that the 10 round Promag for my 9mm S&W Shield hasn't given me any problems. Since there's no other option for hicap mags besides +2 kits, this is my only option.

I was in Academy Sports a few weeks ago checking to see if any 10mm carbines were on the shelf and ran in to an older guy looking at a 995TS. I had to step up and tell him what good experiences I had with Hp carbines, and he bought it. I also told him about the Redball Sports hicap mags and where to get them. As they were running his background check he grabbed a Promag hicap mag off the shelf and asked me what I thought. I told him I'd read they were unreliable. Surprisingly, the sales guy behind the counter said the same thing.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
It's Nucking Futz.

Using Promags DOES void the warranty. Period

They have NEVER enforced that fact, AFAIK? Question mark. But that does not change the fact that they COULD enforce it at any moment.

The OLD 9 mm Promags sucked, and HP said they could tell if you used them. FACT

The NEW Promags seem to work fine in the 45 and 40, in my experience, no idea on the 9 mm...is there one?

Gun counter guys at large stores often don't know crap. FACT

The Red Balls are available, they work, they hold more than the Promags, the manufacturer says they are Good To Go, and that is probably a sign of what to do if you want higher than OEM capacity.

All other discussion is likely just opinion, and is, in reality, pretty much pointless.:cool:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
"Hi, my name is Ajole, and I'm a Hi-Point Addict, it has been 13 days since my last Hi-Point purchase,,,,,,,,,":D

61 - 80 of 105 Posts