·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Reactions: 345Sire and rtm

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
What about the forth coming JCP10?
Yeah....you got any? Come on man, I need it.....

And it can't be a JCP, that's the .40. The JHP is the .45. So it should be a JMP. M for manly....

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Yeah....you got any? Come on man, I need it.....

And it can't be a JCP, that's the .40. The JHP is the .45. So it should be a JMP. M for manly....
I heard it is JPM.........jus plain manly:) Or is it JFM?

Reactions: ajole

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have heard that the early versions of the 15 round Pro-mags caused problems and voided the warranty. As far as the .40 cal goes, I think the newer versions (HIPA5?) do not cause damage (so I have heard).

I would like to know for certain because I personally don't care for the looks of the Red Ball 20 rounders. They look plain hideous! and unwieldy as well.
I agree about the 20 rounders. They look like broken dog legs or something that was put together with JB weld. Contrary to popular belief, looks do count.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Promags have been known to damage older carbines and Hi-Point claims using them can void your warranty.
What he said. I've seen and heard that on at least half a dozen YouTube videos. Not sure what the issue is with Pro mag ( as far as Hi Point is concerned) but using them is a well known no no as far as warranty goes.
And what's the deal with Pro Mag? I've never owned any of their products but I've never heard anything good about them either. One of the most pissed off guys I ever saw in any gun shop was trying to return Mini 14 Pro Mags. How hard is it to make decent mags? And why can't another company like Mec Gar or even Magpul make some Hi Point mags?

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
I agree about the 20 rounders. They look like broken dog legs or something that was put together with JB weld. Contrary to popular belief, looks do count.
Definitely right on that one! Looks DO count. Even in the world of Hi Points. Those floppy sex toy looking Redball mags are ugly as hell! Almost as ugly as AR mags in 762x39 . Yuck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
What he said. I've seen and heard that on at least half a dozen YouTube videos. Not sure what the issue is with Pro mag ( as far as Hi Point is concerned) but using them is a well known no no as far as warranty goes.
And what's the deal with Pro Mag? I've never owned any of their products but I've never heard anything good about them either. One of the most pissed off guys I ever saw in any gun shop was trying to return Mini 14 Pro Mags. How hard is it to make decent mags? And why can't another company like Mec Gar or even Magpul make some Hi Point mags?
Yeah I don't get it either. The 995 has been around for more than a couple decades and I don't see them going away anytime soon. High Tower Armory just put a lot of money into research and development to give us what I consider the best upgrade to the 995 that's ever come out. I've got hopes of them coming out with a double stack ( yes it's mechanically possible ) mag to fit their bullpup stock.

·
Administrator
29,183 Posts
Contrary to popular belief, looks do count.
That's exactly what the Classic Wood & Blued Steel folks used to say about the Mattel M16.

·
Administrator
29,183 Posts
How hard is it to make decent mags?
It's actually very hard. Even going back to the venerable 1911, if there's a problem with a semi-auto not cycling right, 9 out of 10 times it can be traced to the magazine. And the 1911 is more than a century old now with the mags really well figured out. There's a reason that Chip McCormic 1911 mags are $35-45.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
It's actually very hard. Even going back to the venerable 1911, if there's a problem with a semi-auto not cycling right, 9 out of 10 times it can be traced to the magazine. And the 1911 is more than a century old now with the mags really well figured out. There's a reason that Chip McCormic 1911 mags are $35-45.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Yeah I believe that. There's one guy on YouTube who has several Hi Point Ho To type videos. Younger guy with a thick Ohio accent. But he has a trick where he removes the spring from factory mags and makes a little upward dog leg kinda bend in the front half of the top coil. That's where it meets the underside of the follower. I haven't tried it but it makes sense that it could help with first round nose dive.
But back to Pro Mag... It's like they're not even trying. I guess I can't really criticize them having never used any of there goods. But I've been looking at building a 9mm AR from an existing stripped lower. So I would need the mag well adapter block. Well there's really only 2 choices . One really expensive and one really cheap. I can't pay Hahn Precision over 2 bills for theirs. But the Pro Mag version is under $40.00. So that MIGHT be my first and maybe only gamble on Pro Mag products.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ironically, The bent 20 round clip works well in the HTA MBS995 series stock. A straight magazine would hit the shooter's ribs because of the rear location of the mag-port.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts