Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

I'm going to take this new 4095 to the range tomorrow to see if it will function. It came with 4 hi point mags and 2 15 rd promags HIP-A5. The lips identical with the hi point ones. Has anyone put a stiffer spring in them to got them to feed? Last year I bought a 995 that had absolutely no problems, but it only had 1 hi point magazine. Any links to old threads that worked on the magazines?

2. dirtroadrider

dirtroadrider War Eagle Member

I have 2 ProMags HIP-A5 for my 4095TS which have worked with zero issues. Just opened the package and loaded them. I would use them first before making any adjustments. You may have no reason to change the spring.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I have several 4095 ProMags. One requires a slap on the ass to feed the first round after the charging handle has been yanked. It feeds fine other than that.

Number them and keep a log.

Never a problem out of the .45 models so far. And they feed my JHP fine. I haven't tried a ProMag in a JCP as I don't own one. I did see one for $130 on armslist. Too far away to make it worth the trip.

4. shepherd321

The pro mags and the hi point mags worked fine, I just had to learn to slap the back of the mags hard to straighten the rounds up and also slap the bottom of the mag when inserting it into the gun.

Another question does the firing pin stick straight out of the bolt or is it at an angle?

5. shepherd321

Now what call mommy?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  6. TNTRAILERTRASH

bingo. straighten it for spare. maybe

7. shepherd321

haha broke it off. weak point of design?

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

I was going to mention "annealing" it before trying that. I wish there was a better made after market piece.

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Ummmm...slapping the mag up is often what bends it like that.:cool:

Yes, it is. But at the price, we just deal with it. And avoid slapping the mag up into the gun.;)

10. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Why call mom and ask for a few at,a time.

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Fixed it for ya.;)

And here's why there would be a market...it would be nice if this wasn't a "usual suspect" in nearly every HP failure to function.:(

BTW..a running joke back in the day was a titanium firing pin...one of the mods was pretty prickly about it, as it was his idea, and people chewed him up over it for a good long while. It became the HPFF equivalent of "the shoulder thing that goes up".:p

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Hey we need titanium firing pins

13. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

It looked a little "excited"' lol.

Attached Files:

14. shepherd321

7 days later the new firing pin is installed. This tore down easily, I will get another carbine. The only problem I noticed was the barrel had a bulge. It was purchased used, will Hi point warranty this?

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Yes they will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.