Proof I'm crazy?

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by lklawson, Mar 25, 2016.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I dropped a primer on the floor last night and then spent 10 minutes on my hands and knees with a flashlight looking for it, moving tables and stuff around, because the thought of "wasting" that 3.5 cents just bugged the heck out of me.

Still does. I'll look for it again tonight. It's less than a nickel, fer cry'n out loud!

As I was priming cases, I had about 50 or so that I'd cleaned and ran through the tumbler so they were a matte-brass shiny not 0000 Steel Wool polished shiny. I had to fight the urge to chuck them up into the shell-holder on my drill and shine them nice 'n purty.

I'm kinda OCD about this reloading stuff. :rolleyes:

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

Not OCD, just "attention to detail". My wife accuses me of the same. Nothing wrong with it in my book!

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah

Hadn't noticed.:cool:

:rofl:

But seriously, there are things in reloading that can benefit from some OCD attention to detail. You just have to pick the right things.;)

4. You have to find it!! What if the SHTF and one more round could have fixed it all?

5. dude, come to my house. MY kids knocked over the "date night jar" full of change a month ago. and I left it up to a 6 and 4 year old to clean it up. HAAAA
    still can't find the time to pick it all up, its all over the house a quarter here, nickel there. You can keep half of what you pick.

6. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

I thought proof you were crazy was that you were a mod here.... =P

And several others have certified you as such by making you so....

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    KLAWSON is: Ker-RAZY!!! :D :p

Better find that, Kirk! It's a FIRE HAZARD!!!
    If not, I'll send a letter to SWoMBO :eek:

8. histed

histed Supporting Member

'S OK, Kirk. I've done the same thing. Even spent time looking for EMPTY primers cuz I can trade the brass for powder or live primers or... Should we get out more?

9. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Nothing wrong with a little OCD while reloading!

10. Branth

Branth Member

Do yourself a favor now. Stop looking for the lost primer, and size and prime the rest of a box of ammo for whatever caliber it is. You'll lose or destroy more primers in the future (anvils can fall out sometimes, or you might squish one in sideways if you're not paying attention) and it'll be less taxing on your OCD to pull a replacement primed case out of a box of "extras" than to only load 49 rounds out of a 50 round box and have an extra bullet leftover.

Also, sometimes you get an extra bullet or three in a box, so now you can load those up without throwing off your primer count.

11. welderman

welderman Member

That exact thing has happened to me.(my wife just laughs at me) After I spend an hour or so looking I go back to reloading. I'll be setting up on a different caliber the next day and, "What the h*ll is that on the floor? And we're back, it's like Christmas. I've got my primer back:dance:.

12. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Don't ever start smoking crack kirk.