Protect your rights!!!!! Before it's too late

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by oldguyAZ, Jan 14, 2013.

1. oldguyAZ

oldguyAZ Member

AZ
  2. tobkis

tobkis Member

For the past 3 weeks I have sent numerous letters and phone calls to those who represent me. It also need to be followed up with physical presents.

I will be in Denver on the 19th to join in with my 1st amendment brothers and sisters and hope people in every State do the same.

3. nitrous_bob

nitrous_bob lazy city worker Member

he said today he would use executive powers ( i believe it)

but he also said "responsible gun owners have nothing to worry about"
    , and thats a lie, if im a responsible gun owner who owns "assault rifles" and hi capacity "clips" (both media made up words) then i have A LOT to worry about

4. They aren't made up, just improperly used.

5. Here's another way.

Quick and easy:
    http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/#

Click on the "Take Action Now!" button on the right and fill out the form. Ruger will send a message to your state reps, your governor, your House Rep, your Senators, Joe "Plugs" Biden, and of course, the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

...or, if you're more of a wordsmith and want to deliver a more personal message, click the "Find or Representative" buton. Provide your zip code, and then drill down for the contact info for each of your elected servants.

Write them. Let them know that their job is at stake should they fail you!

6. spent three hours last weekend doing the same and just signed the petition,and sent the link to my kids.thanks ,had not heard of this one!

7. oldguyAZ

oldguyAZ Member

AZ
    What kind of " Presents" did you send them?

8. Gun Control Bill just advanced in NY http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Gun-control-bill-advances-4192358.php#page-1

The NY SAFE Act would adjust the definition of a banned assault rifle so that any single characteristic — such as a telescoping stock, flash suppressor, bayonet attachment or pistol grip — on a semiautomatic rifle would render it illegal. Existing weapons would be grandfathered in, but their ownership could not be transferred.
    A statewide registry of these guns would be created, and the county-by-county process for issuing handgun permits would also be standardized and centralized. In a change to the state's Freedom of Information Law, permit applicants would be able to request their name and address not be released — a point that arose after the Journal News in Westchester County last month published a list of the names and addresses of pistol permit holders.
    The maximum capacity of an ammunition magazine would be reduced from 10 rounds to seven, and a current exemption for clips manufactured before 1994 will end.
    Private sales of firearms, which now proceed unfettered, would require a background check through a licensed dealer, putting those transactions in line with current purchasing requirements for rifles and shotguns........

"We haven't saved any lives tonight, except for one: the political life of a governor who wants to be president," Ball said on the floor before voting no.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Gun-control-bill-advances-4192358.php#ixzz2I1DxYvkk

9. tobkis

tobkis Member

Oops, Sorry about that. :D

Now get back to work.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  10. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

11. jim580

jim580 Member

Contacting your Representatives and Senators is most important.

The effectiveness of petitions at WH.gov have become a joke. The most ridiculous petitions have already been scrubbed from the site, but read through some of the rest and you'll see why it's been rendered irrelevant. Sign them if you like, but it's wasted effort.

12. We're already finished if we keep voting them in

The politicians (rep and dems) want us unarmed, otherwise we're considered a threat to them.
    As we all know, guns are not the problem, our violent society is the problem.
    We need to address the real problems not the side issues.

13. Patrice

Patrice Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  14. Patrice

Patrice Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013