Proud new Papa!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by hpman, Jan 6, 2008.

1. hpman

hpman Guest

[​IMG]

Just added to the family and I'm oh so proud. Rock Island Arms .45, had to get the hogue grip so it matches all my other babies. I think I got a deal, NIB with a hard case $357. Not too bad.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Can't wait to get to the range and test it out.

2. Nice! love my 1911A1, can't go wrong with this pistol at that price, it was a steal man.

3. RIA .45's are very good 1911 copies and have an excellent reputation for being quality shooters, you did good.

4. rodka

rodka Member

man i want one of those so badly.
    good deal ive seen them for $400.

5. uncle jerky

uncle jerky Well-Known Member

"Proud New Papa?" I thought you were going to announce that you fathered a child?! What a relief,huh?

6. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

Nice gun hpman.

also I had a hard time for a min that avatar of yours is somethin else. LMAO

7. bobm

bobm Member

I have over 5,000 rds thru my Rock and have had no major problems. It gets a diet of Armscor, Gun Show reload, PMC, Federal FMJ. She only likes Win SXT and Rem JHP.

8. Great find - well done. Love those grips too, I see some in my future.

9. freedom

freedom Member

RIAs are great pistols. Changed the recoil spring on mine to get it to feed properly ( It is broke in now so I could probably change it back ) at first. Like you I put a different grip on it.
    It is the 1911 that goes to the range more than any of the others. Which is funny because I have a Kimber and Springfield that cost way more than the RIA, shoot about the same and see almost no range time.
    Congrats on the new family member.

10. Ari

Ari Guest

Nice find

11. That RIA looks EXACTLY like mine hpman!!! Great choice on the Houge grips, they really make the pistol into something else!!!!

I just turned my RIA into the Gunsmith in La Luz for a trigger job, Wilson Combat to be exact, buff feed ramp and throat, and adjustable ramped sights.... That thing is gonna be SWEET when I get it back!!!