Proud of my kids

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rachgier, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

So today was Round 1 of the playoffs for my son's baseball team. We went in seeded 4th and took the win 7-1. Headed to the semi-final game next Tuesday where we play the winner of the game after ours. It's the #1 team vs the #8 team so we're pretty sure next game is going to be a fight, but if we win we'll be headed to the championship game next Friday.

Was exceptionally proud of this win because the head coach has been out for the last 3 games and tasked me with coaching. This game he told me to set the lineup like he wasn't even here and now we're on a 4 game win streak.

Pictures finally came in and the entire team decided I looked like a criminal.... the little bastards.

Attached Files:

2. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Which one are you Rach? Must be the one on the right. :D;) Congrats to the boys and good luck next week.

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Good job, and good luck!.... Is that your kid in front of you, dishing out the mean mug?

4. Rachgier

He's the mexican looking midget second from the right in the front row.

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Here's Rach w/o a beard... @ morning coffee :D

[​IMG]

About 10 minutes before a poop! :rofl:

6. Bull

Feed that boy!.......

7. Rachgier

The kid eats as much as I do. I was scrawny as a kid too. He did good today though. He went 2 for 2 with 2 singles, 2 RBI's, 3 stolen bases, and scored once.

8. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Congrats to the bad news bears ;-)

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I have a grandson that looks a lot like your boy. His younger (different dad) brothers are all Vikings, blonde big boys with an aggressive streak, but he holds his own so far.:p

Congrats on the win! Keep their heads on performing, doing their jobs, not worried about winning, and the pressure isn't as bad.

10. Rachgier

I pretty much go with praise over criticism. Doesn't matter what happened, you'll get the next one. Step out of the box/step off the rubber, deep breath, relax, focus. Let's do this. It's all you, all day long.

Even the kids have started saying it to each other.

It's rec ball, not the majors.

11. Bull

And that's why your kids will turn out ok.... I coached my boy through football and baseball when he was little, and 6 years of wrestling when he was older. All I ever expected from him was effort... Work hard, and don't quit on yourself...
    You got her figured out Rach, your kids will remember when they get older....

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Amen to all that. Effort and attitude trumps nearly everything.:)

13. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Congrats Rach! I don't think you look like a criminal (but if you put on an orange jumpsuit ...hmm). Your kid is cute!

14. Rachgier

Well our season ended tonight with an 11-1 loss. We played the #1 team and they hammered us with their 2 best pitchers so I'm still proud of my kids.

I even got to watch my son take his last lap around the bases in this league after the game. They lined up both teams on the third base line and had all the 12 y/o players take one last lap around the bags after announcing them by name and number. Next year he would be in the 15U "Teener" League.

Attached Files:

15. Bull

Tell him good job for us Rach!

16. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

17. well, I'd say they are right..... :rofl:

18. vanguard1

vanguard1 Supporting Member

Good job and God bless those kids.

19. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Nice job to the kids and their coach

20. Rerun

Rerun Member

You're kind of on the 'wimpy side' to really be considered a criminal, unless it's a 'white collar' criminal...

:D

eldar