Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
29,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like Palmetto State Armory is introducing a new, duty sized, 5.7x25 pistol.

• Available with or without optics cut
  • Available with or without threaded barrel
  • Ships with 23 round magazine
  • Excellent ergonomic profile
  • Comfortable frame texturing
  • $499 to $599 target price (depending on feature set)
  • Expected to ship within 60 days

Details here (off site link):

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,877 Posts
So it looks like Palmetto State Armory is introducing a new, duty sized, 5.7x25 pistol.

• Available with or without optics cut
  • Available with or without threaded barrel
  • Ships with 23 round magazine
  • Excellent ergonomic profile
  • Comfortable frame texturing
  • $499 to $599 target price (depending on feature set)
  • Expected to ship within 60 days

Details here (off site link):

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Not for me... ;)

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
If one doesn’t want to pay FN prices, and still hates Bill for selling out on the magazine thing….the PSA offering with 23 rounds and a price tag that beats the other guys is going to sell.

Assuming ammo is available.

Reactions: Rerun

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,877 Posts
It's cool, standard capacity is at the awesome level, decent round, fits a real handgun and not an "AR PISTOL", has a Bullpup Carbine or SBR companion, high tech and modern... all pluses.

But now the negatives, which there are many.
1. No mag sharing between handgun and Carbine/SBR. Not a deal breaker, but still a small negative.

2. Sky high ammo, with lots less performance than comparable 5.56 rounds, which are half the price. ALSO, unobtainium AP and Military rounds which makes the whole platform viable, within it's limitations. In other words, the synergy is broken without the good ammo. 😭

3. Can't get any transferable full auto, too new for the pre-86 rule.

4. Even the $500 PSA Pistol, 10 or 12 magazines, a couple thousand rounds and a P90 with a brace of magazines will break my budget badly 😹😹😹 I just can't not go in whole hog if it's a fighting combo.
"Mole's Rules and all that 🤪

Really cool setup, just lots of hurdles to get it how I'd want it, dangit!

My nephew even has the FN 5.7 pistol. He loves it, but... ammo. Says it's a flat shooter, good accuracy, low recoil. I'd like to try it some day, buy a box of ammo and have him bring it over.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,172 Posts
It's cool, standard capacity is at the awesome level, decent round, fits a real handgun and not an "AR PISTOL", has a Bullpup Carbine or SBR companion, high tech and modern... all pluses.

But now the negatives, which there are many.
1. No mag sharing between handgun and Carbine/SBR. Not a deal breaker, but still a small negative.

2. Sky high ammo, with lots less performance than comparable 5.56 rounds, which are half the price. ALSO, unobtainium AP and Military rounds which makes the whole platform viable, within it's limitations. In other words, the synergy is broken without the good ammo. 😭

3. Can't get any transferable full auto, too new for the pre-86 rule.

4. Even the $500 PSA Pistol, 10 or 12 magazines, a couple thousand rounds and a P90 with a brace of magazines will break my budget badly 😹😹😹 I just can't not go in whole hog if it's a fighting combo.
"Mole's Rules and all that 🤪

Really cool setup, just lots of hurdles to get it how I'd want it, dangit!

My nephew even has the FN 5.7 pistol. He loves it, but... ammo. Says it's a flat shooter, good accuracy, low recoil. I'd like to try it some day, buy a box of ammo and have him bring it over.
A buddy just bought a PS90. Then decided to buy ammo. He's regretting his decision. I told him not to he didn't listen. Lol.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,172 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts