PSA selling LCP $200

Discussion in 'Non Hi-Point Classifieds' started by Dane, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Clearances at PSA for $200

2. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    The model being advertised is the older version of the LCP with smaller sights and the longer trigger pull.

Last year Ruger updated the slide and made sights that were actually usable. Ruger also reduced the length of trigger pull substantially.

3. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    It is still a very usable gun before any changes by Ruger.

4. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN

That is true. I've had the old version for 5 years now. But, just like the new LC9s, there is a big difference between the old version and teh new version.

New LCP models are often selling for $269. For $69 the new version is well worth the extra price in my opinion.

I am simply makin people aware that the model being sold is an older model rather than the latest version.

(I have over 1230 rounds thru my LCP)

5. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    So have you actually tried a newer one? I have seen and tried the different sights, but didn't see anything major or trigger difference in my opinion.

6. I thought it was the LC9 they changed?

Ruger made changes to the LCP two years ago, I don't think they had a FDE model then. I doubt they have been hanging on to LCPs for over two years.

I think the price dropped because the price is dropping on most guns, except for Glock. And the best way to compete with Glock is on the price.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  7. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    Yes I have tried the new one. I've had both models side by side...there is a big difference in the trigger. It is still long on the new version but not as long as the earlier version. I own the older model. It would cost me a bunch to sell my 5 year old model and up grade. I carry my LCP less and less so it just isn't worth it to me. (I carry the LC9s version instead.)

If people have been visiting their local gun store, tried version two of the LCP and then order this model thinking they are getting the newer trigger, I believe they will be disappointed.

If they buy this model knowing that it is the older version, they will be fine.

My whole point in this thread and the LC9 thread is to make sure people know that the reason the proce is so low in this case is because they will be getting old versions.

Here's a good comparison:

http://www.guns.com/2013/03/18/rugers-updating-the-lcp-2-photos/

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

No way. The Remington RM380 is the shiny new toy. I guess they waited just long enough to take my fickle attention away from the glock-whatever-it-was. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. fzrspirit

fzrspirit Member

MO
    Thanks Dane! I've been watching that exact lcp on PSA for a good month or so priced at $239.99 but I just didn't want to buy a 2nd LCP until I see what I owe Uncle Sam. Now I am really tempted.

Anyone know how much PSA charges to ship this LCP?

10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

The OD green LCP is on clearance at $250 with free shipping....

11. Now you done did it, some Glocker will be along to read you the riot act.

12. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    They are running free shipping right now for purchases over $100!!!

13. trstaggs76

trstaggs76 Member

Hi. I'm new on here. What is PSA?

14. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Palmetto State Armory I believe.

15. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Yes, that's them. Out of South Carolina.

16. MN,
    Are you able to tell when all guns are the old or new model (handguns) or is it just the Ruger because you own one. I always worry when I find a REALLY good deal from Buds or whatever that they're getting rid of old stock. For example, new keltecs are said to be more reliable than old. I don't know how to tell what's what.

AND to the OP, thanks for mentioning the 200 lcp. I'm a cheap ass and I would rather spend 200 (which I have) than 250 (which I don't have) though I have a line on a .32 keltec for 215 that i'm interested in. What is PSA?

17. Bud's sells so many guns, I doubt that there popular brand models are older generations. Not sure about PSA(Palm State Armory).

I think the real reason we are seeing such low prices is that the market is finally started to drop.

18. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Palmetto State Armory.

I have also seen the viridian laser version for around $290

19. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Howdy, Mark_in_Iowa!

Welcome to the Best Forum on the internet!

What part of Iowa air ye from?

I have friends in the NW part of the State - Primghar, Sheldon, and Spencer.

eldar