Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a pump action carbine?

keep all the flashy features like vertical grip, hi-capacity 10rd mag, and muzzle break, but change the action from that violent semi-auto to gentel-and-loving pump action.

Will save us a lot of ammo $.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Would require a complete redesign of the Hi-Point action, which, when coupled with the associated redesign of manufacturing procedures, would make it cost prohibitive. It wouldn't sell as well as a "normal" HP carbine, and the few sales it would pick-up in semiauto-unfriendly area would likely do little to recoup the costs. By and by, my wish for a revolver-carbine is almost as feasible as a pump. Now, if it were in something like .357 or .44 magnum, I could see it. But 9mm, .380, .32, or .22 LR? No.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I wouldn't buy one...why have a pump when you can have a semi? I can live with pump 12g because of all the various loads of 12g ammo could cause problems in a semi auto....but why for a pistol caliber?
+1, wouldn't be a market for that except for guys who get it just to get it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't buy one...why have a pump when you can have a semi? I can live with pump 12g because of all the various loads of 12g ammo could cause problems in a semi auto....but why for a pistol caliber?
bingo, like them pump action 22's, no? Still a market.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
bingo, like them pump action 22's, no? Still a market.
Not a big enough market. No.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
How about a lock on this one as well,....gotta go for the trifecta
I would've asked but it seems as if this topic has died.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
lol might as well shut it down...shoot, it's getting to where I'm wondering if this section should even be around anymore...
minus severe trolling, theres been a few good ideas.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.