Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this for 48 dollars and a used pellet rifle at a local pawn shop today.

I plan on cleaning this up, and will do a couple videos on how it performs. I believe that once I get it cleaned to my standards, it should work at least 90% of the time.

·
Premium Member
36,069 Posts
+1 to not seeing anything...but then I never see anything... :'(

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
hmmm guesses for el cheapo this's that would be 48 bucks and work 90% of time....Lorcin, raven, jennings, cobra?

·
Premium Member
36,069 Posts
Thanks to my filters...I still can't see anything.. :'(.how about some words?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is a Lorcin model L32 in .32 Auto (or 7.65 Browning for the fancy types out there).

It has a 8+1 capacity, and is pretty much a very, vey simplified (and uglier) version of a Hi-Point as far as the fire control system is concerned.

I'm soaking it in oil right now. Tonight I will clean the heck out of it, and I plan on trying it out at the range tomorrow. I'll make a video and post it up once I'm done.

This pistol is the simplest of the simple. Very few moving parts, and NO frills whatsoever....lol.

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
I've considdered a Lorcin for a while, they look like interesting pistols and have a better reputation than bryco and other ring of fire pistols.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Oh, .32acp. There is a guy over here that has one for $100. Looks like it was spray painted gloss black. Let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'm glad you posted about lorcin because i was afraid to ask myself.my pawnshp
has a chrome lorcin 380 for $80 good condition looks new.when i went to ask for it the
guy said do you really even want to bother so i was like eya you might be right,
so i can't wait for your results!

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
What do I win for having Lorcin first in my guess list b4 you got the pics up? :D

And Sean if the pawnshop guy asked you if you even want to bother tell him no not at $80 but for $40 you might consider bothering with it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Went to the range today to try out the Lorcin. I shot 100 rounds, and experienced 2 FTF (nose up). I didn't bring a camera due to the crowd that was there (open shoot day).

I used 60 grain FMJ from Sellier and Belliot, and I shot at a distance of 10 yards. No keyholing, or any weird issues occured. The pistol ran great in slow and rapid fire. I was able to keep all rounds in a 6-8 inch circle.

This little gun is fun to shoot, and is very comfortable in hand. I just completed a detailed cleaning/polishing of the entire pistol. I took my time, and I think the only time the internals of the pistol was this clean was when it was new.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finished up the polishing on my Lorcin.

The action is really smooth, and I can't wait to get this back out on the range.

(You can see in this pic where I polished the barrel by the ejection port ^-^)

·
Registered
850 Posts
Looks good. LGS has a Lorcin in 9mm and I eyeball it everytime I'm in there. Don't really need another 9mm right now though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts