Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Define Normal?
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to look into information (& links) for what kind of foregrip will work on my 995ts (with pic rails). I have looked into all of this but have really only found old posts, with outdated (or vague) info and 0 pictures.

I would prefer one that can also house the tool that comes with the gun. But don't like HP's style of foregrips, I would like to have an angled grip (like in the picture).
So an angled foregrip that houses the HP tool.... is that a thing or no?

Also, when looking for accessories for my new gun, does anything that fits a pic rail work for my gun? Or are there different kinds of pic rails?
Just looking around there are A LOT of AR accessories (of course) but it seems they list what kind of pic rails they fit (i.e. MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny and NATO STANAG 4694 rails, etc) but I don't see any info on what kind of pic rails the 995ts's have... does anyone know?

Also, I got an aftermarket sling... it's a 3-point harness (& can be used as a 2-point sling as well) but I noticed the 995ts has the swivels on the right side of the gun. I'd prefer them on the left. But I seen that the nuts for the swivels are on the left since of the gun.
Is there any way to do this?

I'm sorry, I know... a ton of questions (& some or all may be stupid) but I am trying to learn.
Thank you

Attachments

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
I don’t have a carbine but you can switch the swivels as the nuts just push out.
Tons of people have fore grips here, they’ll chime in soon.

·
Registered
346 Posts
if its new and has the H molded in the rails they would be picc rails. no H they would be weaver style rails.

·
Define Normal?
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you SWAGA! I didn't know the nuts would just pop out, was hoping they would but figured I'd ask here first... don't want to break something.
My 995ts has the H on the rails, so they are pic rails.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Thank you SWAGA! I didn't know the nuts would just pop out, was hoping they would but figured I'd ask here first... don't want to break something.
My 995ts has the H on the rails, so they are pic rails.
Then they are the MIL-STD1913/STANAG 2324. Besides, all STANAG 4694 accessories are backwards compatible to 1913/2324 picatinny rail systems.

You're making this way more complicated then it has to be.

There are several threads, with pictures, about swapping the sling swivels and studs to the left side. I should know, I posted a step by step tutorial on how to do it...

·
Premium Member
35,609 Posts
AFAIK, there aren't any angled front grips with storage. But never say never, right?
There are some straight ones though.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,828 Posts
AFAIK, there aren't any angled front grips with storage. But never say never, right?
There are some straight ones though.
Ummm what is that Israeli outfit?
They had one with storage. I may
still have one, too. FAB DEFENSE!!!

Yeah I believe they had an afg with storage.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,828 Posts
Yep, and I have one of these, afaik...
New is $42 plus shipping maybe... :eek:
s-l1600-1.jpg

Same outfit also has a 7 position folding grip, much like Hi-Point's, with a compartment and also a fixed slightly angled "forward pistol grip" with storage. It's out there, but $$.cc Lotta Dough!

·
Define Normal?
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, yay! SO glad to see that it does exist!!
Thank you undeRGRound!!
Now to figure out what VTS is (when time allows) :rotfl:

I've scoured the forums, with all kinds of keywords but cannot find any write ups from you
Rachgier regarding the swapping the sling swivels around. I even searched for just your posts but there are a TON of pages to sift through (and yet have found it).
Though I haven't been able to be online much in the past day since my grandmother just passed to search much more than I did prior to posting this thread.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
I've scoured the forums, with all kinds of keywords but cannot find any write ups from you
Rachgier regarding the swapping the sling swivels around. I even searched for just your posts but there are a TON of pages to sift through (and yet have found it).
"Punch the damn nut out and stick it in the other side."

There's all the write up you need. A clever person can do it using the original screw (or a longer one from elsewhere on the stock)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts