Q's- pic rails & foregrips (+ bonus sling Q)

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Mudpuppy, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy Define Normal? Member

I am trying to look into information (& links) for what kind of foregrip will work on my 995ts (with pic rails). I have looked into all of this but have really only found old posts, with outdated (or vague) info and 0 pictures.

I would prefer one that can also house the tool that comes with the gun. But don't like HP's style of foregrips, I would like to have an angled grip (like in the picture).
    So an angled foregrip that houses the HP tool.... is that a thing or no?

Also, when looking for accessories for my new gun, does anything that fits a pic rail work for my gun? Or are there different kinds of pic rails?
    Just looking around there are A LOT of AR accessories (of course) but it seems they list what kind of pic rails they fit (i.e. MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny and NATO STANAG 4694 rails, etc) but I don't see any info on what kind of pic rails the 995ts's have... does anyone know?

Also, I got an aftermarket sling... it's a 3-point harness (& can be used as a 2-point sling as well) but I noticed the 995ts has the swivels on the right side of the gun. I'd prefer them on the left. But I seen that the nuts for the swivels are on the left since of the gun.
    Is there any way to do this?

I'm sorry, I know... a ton of questions (& some or all may be stupid) but I am trying to learn.
    Thank you

Attached Files:

• AHP.jpg
      AHP.jpg
      File size:
      68.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    undeRGRound likes this.
  2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I don’t have a carbine but you can switch the swivels as the nuts just push out.
    Tons of people have fore grips here, they’ll chime in soon.

undeRGRound and adam01364 like this.

3. retread

retread Member

if its new and has the H molded in the rails they would be picc rails. no H they would be weaver style rails.

4. Mudpuppy

Thank you SWAGA! I didn't know the nuts would just pop out, was hoping they would but figured I'd ask here first... don't want to break something.
    My 995ts has the H on the rails, so they are pic rails.

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Then they are the MIL-STD1913/STANAG 2324. Besides, all STANAG 4694 accessories are backwards compatible to 1913/2324 picatinny rail systems.

You're making this way more complicated then it has to be.

There are several threads, with pictures, about swapping the sling swivels and studs to the left side. I should know, I posted a step by step tutorial on how to do it...

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    AFAIK, there aren't any angled front grips with storage. But never say never, right?
    There are some straight ones though.

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Ummm what is that Israeli outfit?
    They had one with storage. I may
    still have one, too. FAB DEFENSE!!!

Yeah I believe they had an afg with storage.

Mudpuppy likes this.
  8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Yep, and I have one of these, afaik...
    New is $42 plus shipping maybe... :eek: s-l1600-1.jpg

Same outfit also has a 7 position folding grip, much like Hi-Point's, with a compartment and also a fixed slightly angled "forward pistol grip" with storage. It's out there, but $$.cc Lotta Dough!

Mudpuppy and fatal-bert33 like this.
  9. Mudpuppy

Ah, yay! SO glad to see that it does exist!!
    Thank you undeRGRound!!
    Now to figure out what VTS is (when time allows) :rotfl:

I've scoured the forums, with all kinds of keywords but cannot find any write ups from you
    Rachgier regarding the swapping the sling swivels around. I even searched for just your posts but there are a TON of pages to sift through (and yet have found it).
    Though I haven't been able to be online much in the past day since my grandmother just passed to search much more than I did prior to posting this thread.

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    "Punch the damn nut out and stick it in the other side."

There's all the write up you need. A clever person can do it using the original screw (or a longer one from elsewhere on the stock)