query on .45acp

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by jd_mitchell, May 4, 2014.

1. jd_mitchell

jd_mitchell Eagle Scout Member

My dad has a last gen .45 and is wondering if he can run +P rounds through it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

What's a last gen .45?
    The JHP?
    Yes, all HP products are +P rated, is says so in the tin ;)

3. jd_mitchell

last gen refers to the one prior to the current one

4. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Not trying to be judgmental, but with the .45 ACP, why would you want +P ammo? The .45 is a great round that has a proven history of stopping a fight, all without the extra battering your firearm will take from +P pressures. I run standard pressure .45 ACP through mine, and with a round count approaching 900 rounds, I have only had one FTF. Again, it is your pistol so you can do what you want.

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Then just say "JH" attention seeker.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The JH will handle +p! but really, it will wear it out faster, and you'll end up getting another gun as mom will just replace it with a JHP.

But honestly, the only reason to use +P .45 ammo is to get as much energy as normal .40 S&W delivers.

My suggestion, don't use it regularly, if you really need to shoot that kind of ammo, get a different gun.

7. jd_mitchell

Good to see there's no snobbery here. Thanks for the info, though

8. cicpup

Vermont
    No snobbery. Just don't understand ones need to stand out.

9. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    The .45ACP was initially designed as a man stopper. +P is not really needed with a .45ACP. But that is your prerogative.

10. moiecol

moiecol Member

A simple question with so many Mary and Nancy responses. Really

11. jd_mitchell

why not stand out in a world full of sheeple

12. cicpup

Vermont
    Some could see it that way. Most see it as "Lookit Me! Lookit Me!".

No biggie since we're supposed to be kinder, gentler posters and my opinion don't mean $#!t since I'm the one required to be tolerant of everyone. So do what you want and enjoy yourself.

13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

JD, PM send.....

14. jd_mitchell

My apologies for being different. I'll go back into my hole now.:(

15. talon

talon the banned wagon

nothing wrong with being different, but being cocky when YOU are the one who asked for information is where you ran into trouble. if typing in red makes you feel special, awesome man. but the smartarsed responses when someone is trying to help you, yeah, thats not ''different'' is ''douchebaggery''.

16. cicpup

Vermont
    Now Now. I was first to point out his attention seeking. And for that I was wrong. I'm still working on being tolerant and accepting of others, ummm.. Needs? Kind and gentle posting is still new to me and I fear it may come down to conversing with the same half dozen members and ignoring questions and posts from the rest.

Geez, hope you don't think I'm telling you what to do and done went and offended you. Just don't want you getting banned because of me. I know how oversensitive some can get.

17. talon

talon the banned wagon

i thought i WAS being nice? lol

18. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Lmao I belong to a FB group for motorized bicycles. There's a guy on there that realy reminds me of you cicup. He dose know his $41t bout welding and fabrication though! (Not saying you don't) Some one explained his "advise" to newbs at the custom mb hobby like this: " Mr Garrows advise is like wiping your butt with sand paper" a little harsh but always works! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

19. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

Yeah spend the HIGH bucks on a HK USP. It's rated to shoot .45 Super all day long.