Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not asking for load data per se, but do any of you load 9mm for your 995, does it like loads closer to the start load, middle or the high side?

Also I have had to buy some magnum primers for rifle, in what way should I modify my load for the different type of primer, or do I at all? I am not loading a magnum so I assume the primer change will have an effect, but what?

When in doubt LOCK AND LOAD

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
995- start at the bottom and work your way up, just like any other load.

primers- we had a rather contentious thread goin on this a while back. the conclusion we came to after much researcha nd argueing was they work OK but you MUST reduce the starting powder load by 10% below the minimum in the load recepie with std primer.

SW

·
Registered
312 Posts
My 995 seems to work just fine with lighter 'target' loads made at the starting point of the tables or just a few tenths of a grain above that.. I only shoot indoors and the accuracy at the back wall of my local range (50') does not seem to change regardless of using a reload or store-bought ammo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.