Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always thought that the 995's bolt had no lock back feature intill I saw a vid on youtube today. The guy had the bushman charging handle and was able to pull it back and lock it there. Does mine do this or does it have to do with the different handles?

·
Registered
665 Posts
If you pull the stock charging handle back and position it, oh, just so right over the entry cutout, and press darn hard and jiggle, it will lock and the bolt will stay open. With time I imagine the opening will wear in a bit. Bushman's charging handle replacement (which I am going to get) should make grasping the (bigger) and more ergonometric handle and pulling it back easier and hopefully, without pinching. It make be a tad smaller in its locking diameter while being bigger for the fingers. What say Bushman charging handle owners? What others have meant by stating that there is no locking open was that the 995 does not automatically lock the bolt open after firing the last round in the magazine the way the C9 and Hi Points other pistols do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got my new 9mm Carbine yesterday, left it overnight with the bolt locked back and now it's easy as pie to lock back when I want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still couldnt get it to lock back. There are only two pieces to the bolt right? the bolt itself and the plastic part. just wanna make sure Im not missing a washer or anything. also is it supposed to be really tight or just snug where the plastic piece has room to move back and forth freely? thats how mine is.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
That plastic part is steel ,note the slot in the reciever is milled out to a larger round hole in the rear and that part on the bolt is relieved so it can be pushed into that part at the rear of the slot.It's very awkard the first few time you try it. After a few times you get the feel otf it and it's easy. by the time I had half a box of ammo thru mine i was locking it back with out even thinking or looking at what I was doing.When I first tried it in the shop i thought this really sucks. The part is steel .it just looks like plastic from the finish . take a magnet to it.--RR--

1 - 7 of 7 Posts